What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson to be dumped as National Coach

PB

Bench
My strong mail is that Ricky Stuart has been verbally offered the national coaching role when Anderson's reign comes to an end shortly after the UK tour.

Ricky has been offered the role and has indicated at this stage that he will accept.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah theres strong mail that Ricky will take over next year as Aussie coach, though I wouldve thought John Lang would take over as Aussie coach. As for Cronulla coach, Stuart Raper looks to get the job.

PB

Bench
My strong mail came in the form of the Sunday Telegraph. Yours....

Mine came in an email from a friend who does some work down at the ARL occaisionally ;-)

Alan Shore

First Grade
John Lang has been offered the Origin job more than once in the past and each time has rejected it because he wants to concentrate on his club. I think we should make a neutral like Econimidis or Meninga Roo Coach.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, I'd rather they have a club-free National coach, so there can be no accusations of bias in the coach's influence on team selections etc.

But either way I'd be glad to see Anderson goooooorne!

SP

Bench
i agree with Ingoal, Tamazoid & Bartman

i believe that a national coach shoudnt have no club ties whatsoever (they wont be choosing their loverboys over players who have won a grand final playing in that position & are much better players)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Personally I'd like an Aussie coach who can talk to the media.

Stuart finds something to whine about after every game, regardless of the result.

"Webb takes too long to kick"
"Halftime was too long"
"Melbourne's tackles are dangerous"

I'd rather have Bennet, at least he knows when to shut the hell up.

Give it to Matt Elliot. I'm not a Raiders' fan, but he is the most down to earth coach when it comes to media relations.

Chris

chriswalkerbush said:
Give it to Matt Elliot. I'm not a Raiders' fan, but he is the most down to earth coach when it comes to media relations.
Yep. Plus he wouldn't be biased at all. He's in the running for the QLD job next year, I hope he gets it. If Gould stands down from NSW coach, I understand both Laurie & Ricky are after the job. So maybe if Sticky gets the national job, Laurie will get the NSW job. Which would be pretty cool. I'm sure Laurie would give some Raiders a deserved shot.

JJ

Immortal
Yep. Plus he wouldn't be biased at all. He's in the running for the QLD job next year, I hope he gets it. If Gould stands down from NSW coach, I understand both Laurie & Ricky are after the job. So maybe if Sticky gets the national job, Laurie will get the NSW job. Which would be pretty cool. I'm sure Laurie would give some Raiders a deserved shot.

:lol: your plan for world domination Daley is god?? DO the Raiders have enough players to fill the entire NSW and Qld lineups?

Now - if only you can get Brent Todd to coach the Kiwis, Mal Meninga to coach the Poms, maybe Gary Belcher to coach PNG, and Dean Lance to coach the French - that'd do it, wouldn't it??

Hey - you could have a "World Series" and Dean Lonergan could promote it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you're not biased eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah i think the Australian coach shudnt have club resposibilites. But i wudnt really mind if Stuart got it just as long as they got rid of Anderson....as that means no more Kimmorley. :D

But i also think Matt Elliott would be a bit biased as well....but not just him any coach that coached a team and went on to coach the Australian team wud be a bit biased

dimitri

First Grade
the next aus coach should have no club responsibilities

and should be someone like

mal meninga
laurie daley
wally lewis

etc etc

Latest posts