What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Demetriou in wrong trough

mongoose

Coach
Gallop doesnt need to say anything. The AFL's attempts to discredit and destroy league are pathetic and flimsy and shouldn't even be dignified with a response.The AFL has small man syndrome.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Vlad's scared of Rugby league, so let's watch him make a complete fool out of himself and the AFL code for a while first, then hit them.

He's already admitted to watching the dead rubber SOO game not concerning his own code or his own State and he sh*te himself in the media about it.

This is going to be funny.

LESStar58

Referee
Demetriou paused long enough for the simultaneous hiss and gurgle to echo above the air-conditioning. Then added: "Well mate, do your three year apprenticeship at the Bulldogs and then you can come and work for us."

Greenberg should have pissed on the fat merkin's leg!

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Send it to Michael Searle directly.

Plea with him we need him to become to public face of RL because Gallop won't

joshreading

Staff member
I had a meeting today (lunch meeting at Rydges in Canberra) and who should be there? Andrew Demetriou. (Not at my lunch but just there as I walked in)

RL1908

Bench
Reaction to State-of-Origin tussle, a cheap shot
Craig Bellamy | July 24, 2009 12:00am

Some AFL journalists posed as social commentators to speak on all of our behalf in lashing our game and the players involved.

The perceived link between the fight during the final minutes of one of the most intense Origins in history to violence on the streets was below the belt.
I felt that was appalling.

Very few people know what it's like to play Origin. It is the toughest physical test on the planet. The fight wasn't an act of thuggery. If it was it would have happened in the first few minutes.

Yet that's what it was branded as. Then it was hijacked by those wanting to push agendas by putting our game down.

If the ratings of Origin are any indication, rugby league continues to lure more of the market each year.

The perceived link between the fight during the final minutes of one of the most intense Origins in history to violence on the streets was below the belt.
I felt that was appalling.

Indeed. Patrick Smith and the other journalist who drew that comparison ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Though, it hasn't just been a couple of AFL journalists who have been pursuing this agenda - never underestimate the do-gooders and chattering class of Sydney Town to sink the slipper into the game at any oppotunity. This morning on the ABC, Rugby league became the ultimate scapegoat and was branded "socially irresponsible" for encouraging violence in the community.

Green Machine

First Grade
This morning on the ABC, Rugby league became the ultimate scapegoat and was branded "socially irresponsible" for encouraging violence in the community.

Who was the ABC host giving it to Rugby League?
You can always pick the Union and AFL fans that ring and bag Rugby League. They’re no different to all the trolls here, who claim they are or were Rugby League fans

MsStorm

Bench

Good article from Craig putting a different perspective on the SOOIII tussle.

It was also good to hear Mark Robinson (afl journo) on SEN radio saying that he thought we (afl people) are being too tough on rugby league about the biffo in SOOIII cos its a tough game, played by tough players who show passion for their states.

Just wished Mark would have written an article on this though.

Latest posts