What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Andrew Fifita with his armband. Should it mean what is alleged he is worse than a shit stain.

Paullyboy

Coach
Even if it isn't what is alleged, he is a f*cking disgrace of a human being. The only 'person' worse than him in the league is Packer.

Society would be significantly better if both were just shot.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
This forum is alarmingly quiet. Can we change the title to Fifita is SCUM.

I remember at origin two I was sitting close to the NSW bench and a NSW supporter yelled out "should have jumped" - at the time I thought "harsh" though now I have to agree, unfortunately.

ed-grimley

Bench
If that's what he has done - and I'd tend to believe it - he should be taken out for the rest of the year to teach him a lesson and to serve as an example to others. If I was associated with Cronulla I wouldn't want him there. You'd also expect other clubs to do do the same in similar circumstances.
You can't choose your relatives but you can certainly choose the people you hang out with.

DiegoNT

First Grade
When nrl360 talked about buzz rothfield relationship with an underworld figure paul kent said something along the lines of everybody is friends with controversial people, why if you look through my phone you'll find phone numbers of criminals and dodgy people, it's just a fact of life, no he shouldn't ve punished for it. But when guys like Norman, segaryo or fifita are mates with the same sort of people the same journalists demand suspensions and sackings.
Not saying i support fifita, what he done is pretty stupid, but jeez the nrl journos are hypocrits

Paullyboy

Coach
Free some bloke (KL is the initials of the degenerate) who is in jail for a coward punch death

Paullyboy

Coach
When nrl360 talked about buzz rothfield relationship with an underworld figure paul kent said something along the lines of everybody is friends with controversial people, why if you look through my phone you'll find phone numbers of criminals and dodgy people, it's just a fact of life, no he shouldn't ve punished for it. But when guys like Norman, segaryo or fifita are mates with the same sort of people the same journalists demand suspensions and sackings.
Not saying i support fifita, what he done is pretty stupid, but jeez the nrl journos are hypocrits
This is way worse than associating, it's calling for the release of a convicted murderer

BrisVegas

Juniors
http://wwos.nine.com.au/2016/09/02/06/53/fifita-to-be-questioned-by-nrl

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan admits it's difficult to monitor what NRL players are writing on their strapping, but it can be used in a positive manner.

Sharks prop Andrew Fifita is expected to be hauled in front of the NRL integrity unit over an alleged public show of support for one-punch killer Kieran Loveridge.

The revelations come after Fifita was warned by NSW police for consorting with criminals after he made several visits to Loveridge in Cessnock jail.

He was spotted displaying the initials FKL on his wristband in at least seven NRL matches this year, according to images highlighted by News Corp Australia.

Ahead of Saturday's minor premiership showdown with Melbourne, Flanagan refused to answer questions on what FKL stood for, however conceded it was tough to keep track of what appears on players' strapping.

"Players usually got crosses for their religious beliefs, or halves have got their special plays that they want to have on there," he said at Sharks Leagues Club on Friday.

"I know (Sharks captain Paul Gallen) had a sick kid who actually passed away recently written on his arm. We see the (Newcastle halfback Trent) Hodkinson writing some kids' names on kicking tees.

Flanagan confirmed Fifita would play against the Storm, but dodged any more questions on the drama.

"He trained this morning, I spoke to him yesterday. I just know the limited information that I have, he's been given a warning and the NRL will speak to him. I'm not quite sure when," he said.

He admitted the drama had disrupted preparations for Saturday's crunch match.

"I'm terribly disappointed in the whole situation. But my job as coach is I've got to get this team ready to play a game on Saturday night," he said.

Loveridge was responsible for the high-profile manslaughter of 18-year-old Thomas Kelly in 2012 during a night out in Kings Cross, and is serving a minimum 10-year sentence.

Reports suggested Fifita could have once coached Kelly's killer, and that FKL stands for either "For Kieran Loveridge" or "Free Kieran Loveridge".

"If that is the case, it's inappropriate to use any football clothing or accessories to promote an association with criminal activity," an NRL spokesman said.

Fifita is believed to have attracted the interest of police for the warning after his name came up while they looked into the Lone Wolf bikie gang, which Loveridge is alleged to have links to.

Reformed rugby league bad boy Mark Geyer hit out at Fifita on Friday, accusing him of sticking his support of Loveridge in the Kelly family's face.

"It's not good," Geyer told Triple M's Grill Team.

"I had a couple of mates who went to jail, I went and visited them. I didn't stick it in the family's faces. Every week going FKL - c'mon man. A young bloke has passed away."

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
If that's what he has done - and I'd tend to believe it - he should be taken out for the rest of the year to teach him a lesson and to serve as an example to others. If I was associated with Cronulla I wouldn't want him there. You'd also expect other clubs to do do the same in similar circumstances.
You can't choose your relatives but you can certainly choose the people you hang out with.

This is a club which introduced a systematic PED's program so I doubt moral's are high on the agenda. Look at their captain, a racist who personally threatened one of the chemists who was supplying the PED's not to talk.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Is it free KL or For KL?
Is kl a childhood friend? Friend of a friend? Nrl clubs have had prison outreach programs before. Maybe KL sent him a letter saying he was a fan and fifita met him and struck up a friendship. Not everyone who is in prison is a completely evil person. This KL made a stupid mistake, has to live with that for the rest of his life, is one of the most hated men in the country for something that lasted 10 seconds (and no I'm not comparing that to what the family of the victim is going through which is a million times worse) and he is getting a little support from a friend. Does everyone in here drop friends and cut off all contact with them when they make bad mistakes and are at there lowest? Yes it's not a great look for fifita or the nrl, but you are going to open a pandora's box if you start telling players who they can be friends with and suspending them for those friendships

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Is it free KL or For KL?
Is kl a childhood friend? Friend of a friend? Nrl clubs have had prison outreach programs before. Maybe KL sent him a letter saying he was a fan and fifita met him and struck up a friendship. Not everyone who is in prison is a completely evil person. This KL made a stupid mistake, has to live with that for the rest of his life, is one of the most hated men in the country for something that lasted 10 seconds (and no I'm not comparing that to what the family of the victim is going through which is a million times worse) and he is getting a little support from a friend. Does everyone in here drop friends and cut off all contact with them when they make bad mistakes and are at there lowest? Yes it's not a great look for fifita or the nrl, but you are going to open a pandora's box if you start telling players who they can be friends with and suspending them for those friendships

Killing someone cannot be considered a mistake. This dickhead also showed little remorse for the victim and is associated with an outlaw bikie gang. He should never be released.