What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Gray

Rex Terp

First Grade
From what I know speaking to people in the game, Mescia is nowhere near as well regarded as Grey.

amcoglory

Juniors
Not a big fan of commenting on other forums but this is all pointing to Steve price coming to the sharks so u guys my get the final laugh yet

blacksafake

First Grade
A friend of mine who is tied up with the tigers in the lower grades told me that Cherry was very well thought of & known to be tough.Make of it what you like so we'll just have to wait & see.Anyway I have no problem with the coach having "his staff" just like Price got "his team":D

Rex Terp

First Grade
Has it be confirmed that he's replacing Campbell and not Gray?

I'd be interested in whether they retain the same structure now, with cost cutting being the name of the game.

watatank

Coach
It doesn't actually confirm this but it says on the website that Mescia is the new Head of Strength and Conditioning and that Campbell, who was Strength and Conditioning coach is leaving. It would be a horrendous decision to replace Gray with Mescia but surely they would be bringing someone else in. What that means for the structure of the High Performance Unit, I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Soul Dragon

Juniors
Cherry Mescia has a reputation for making sure players are fit,McGregor is making changes he sees fit.Apart from Bennett's era we have under achieved in the last 15 years so hopefully he has a plan in place so I don't have a problem if we are letting go someone who has been with us for 15 years.
I also don't have a problem if we don't make mass signings ,hopefully we can offload some deadwood and introduce some youngsters into first grade so we can reap some benefits in a couple of seasons.

All makes sense, no conspiracy here

Fingerbang

Bench
From what I know speaking to people in the game, Mescia is nowhere near as well regarded as Grey.
You might want to find some different people in the game to talk to now, if the last ones didn't even know who Mescia was replacing.....:sarcasm:

RedVDragon

Juniors
Allow Mary to just do his job. If he gets results to the supporters satisfaction then we have nothing to be critical of.

Changaman

Juniors
It is possible that, like a good club player when asked to step up to representative, he wasn't up to level require? He has been there a long time but only Performance Director since 2012. Iwould put forward 2012-2014 the fitness and strength has not been up to scratch. The Wallabies have suffered fitness problems since they lost Steve Nance as fitness and strength trainer, so this job at the ARU maybe wasn't as successful as it sounds on a resume.

I welcomed the news of a new head of fitness trainer. When you compare the body shape and strength and stamina of the average Dragons player against the Roosters or Bunnies, there is a marked difference.

grouch

First Grade
It is possible that, like a good club player when asked to step up to representative, he wasn't up to level require? .
It's possible, sure. He wasn't the Strength & Conditioning coach, though. So the circumstantial evidence re: fitness and strength is not necessarily all his doing. There is other circumstantial evidence that would suggest his injury prevention and management regime was fairly successful. We largely avoided major injury crisis in the last few years, this year only one long term injury. That is above average. Even Josh Dugan, a noted hypochondriac at Canberra, played 20 games.

I also fear cost-cutting is the main motivator but we'll have to see who the replacement is first

Datramp

Juniors
Mary getting his staff. I see this as a good approach. Change was required. Lets see what it brings. Mescia has a lot of experience and is an outsider which should make many here on the forum happy.....