What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew johns documentry?

Mal

Juniors
I was sitting at a set of traffic lights today and I heard on the blokes radio in the car beside me something being said about a joey johns documentry.I was just about to ask him about what was said and he looked at me said they have just started filming today.Before i could get a chance to say anything the lights went green and he was gone.Does anybody know anything about this.?

RABK

Referee
I've heard of a 'Joey - the story so far' styled DVD covering his entire career from 1993 to 2007.

Whilst the recent tributes have been good they've missed so much good moments of his career - the DVD would be a very thorough and in depth look at his career game by game.

Should be under every Knights fans XMAS tree this year.

IanG

Coach
Red and Blue Knight said:
I've heard of a 'Joey - the story so far' styled DVD covering his entire career from 1993 to 2007.

Whilst the recent tributes have been good they've missed so much good moments of his career - the DVD would be a very thorough and in depth look at his career game by game.

Should be under every Knights fans XMAS tree this year.
Is this the one your refering to?
joeyvideoP.gif

RABK

Referee
Naaaaaa, i was referring to the Debbie does Dallas and Deepthroat double pack.

Jono078

Referee
I'd definitely be interested in another Andrew Johns DVD. That first one is alright but they could have added so much more.

Maybe even a boxset with his top 5 games?

Jono078

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Top 5? I want top 30.

So many good games.
Definitely plenty of good ones, but 1 match per dvd you'd think, so if they did go ahead with a boxset of some sort I dont think it'd be 30 discs :p

Pumba

First Grade
I am guessing you are talking about this:

A new Australian teen drama featuring Kenny star Shane Jacobsen and recently retired rugby league international Andrew Johns begins filming on Monday, with the rich surfing culture of the NSW city of Newcastle as its backdrop.
Writer and director Dan Castle makes his feature debut with the film, which is called Newcastle, after a number of award winning short films, including The Visitor which starred Barry Otto, a former Newcastle resident who has also been cast in this film.
The story will revolve around a professional junior surf competition in which Johns and seven-time world surfing champion Layne Beachley will play themselves as judges.

A cast of rising stars will also be joined by AFI Award-winning Anthony Hayes, who filmed Suburban Mayhem in the Hunter Region capital last year, and Australian TV drama veteran Joy Smithers.
But the film's star will undoubtedly be the city itself, with its sublime surf beaches a notable omission from previous films shot there, including Bootmen and Suburban Mayhem.Newcastle, funded by the Australian Film Finance Corporation, Cinema Investment Corporation and Shadowfire Entertainment, will be filmed in the next five weeks and is due for release in early 2008.
"Newcastle is a story that young audiences will know to be true to their own reality and older audiences will relate to on a nostalgic level," Castle said.
"The movie is about passion and connection. I can't wait to begin filming in this great city that's opened its heart to us."

Source: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=261131
Joey the Movie Star :crazy:

Cant wait for a "Andrews Johns: Full-time" DVD though!

Burwood

Bench
How piss poor have the tributes been so far. Every single one I have seen looks like it has been done by a try-hard first year film maker. Way too much fist pumping and post try/game celebrations, and hardly any of him playing football. And on the rare occasions that they do show him doing something they show it from about 20 different camera angles so you can't actually see what the hell just happened.

Ben

Bench
Hopefully there will be another DVD. Certainly would be rushing out to the stores to grab it. But for the meantime, i'll just be waiting for the RABK and PBF production!

Latest posts