What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns told he is not needed at Manly

redVinme

Bench
Option for a new attacking coach at the dragons? Or at least the role he was in as a halves consultant. May be worth a crack?

Lethal25

Juniors
Absolutely, an immortal who's still young enough to be in touch with the modern game assisting a halves that will most likely as a pairing always be considered as a work in progress.

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Absolutely, an immortal who's still young enough to be in touch with the modern game assisting a halves that will most likely as a pairing always be considered as a work in progress.

Totally agree, I really like his colour commentary during the games, he just seems to see more of what is happening than the other commentators.

Would be an awesome buy. Plus, you'd have the original Barge Arse guiding the New Barge Arse!! Who better for a mentor

redVinme

Bench
Totally agree, I really like his colour commentary during the games, he just seems to see more of what is happening than the other commentators.

Would be an awesome buy. Plus, you'd have the original Barge Arse guiding the New Barge Arse!! Who better for a mentor

Exactly this. He has an eye like no one else and would provide excellent direction for Hutch also.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Yeah i agree would like to see him take over as our attacking coach , not just working with our halves .

Mr Red

First Grade
wont happen - he never played for us, so he's no hope.
Mary has our attack all under control.....

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Johns has a good football brain but not sure he is a fit for the Dragons.Would like to see him back at Newcastle in some capacity.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Won't happen for several reasons:
1. He would be too expensive for the club to afford
2. He won't travel from his home on the Northern Beaches to the Gong unless it's by Bishop Helicopter
3. Not part of the old boys brigade
4. Some other club will be proactive and pounce whilst our club reviews the season review
5. Management would need approval from the board whom would decide that Matt Head is better value to assist as our halves attacking coach.
Sorry but I just can't see this scenario happening.

FlameThrower

Bench
Won't happen for several reasons:
1. He would be too expensive for the club to afford
2. He won't travel from his home on the Northern Beaches to the Gong unless it's by Bishop Helicopter
3. Not part of the old boys brigade
4. Some other club will be proactive and pounce whilst our club reviews the season review
5. Management would need approval from the board whom would decide that Matt Head is better value to assist as our halves attacking coach.
Sorry but I just can't see this scenario happening.

Seriously, points 1and 2 rule him out before we can even start a conversation with him...

grouch

First Grade
I like how Andrew Johns describes the technique for performing a banana kick every single f**king game he commentates.

Aside from that he would be a decent acquisition :)

FlameThrower

Bench
But the bigger thing not mentioned ....this is a pretty bold move, rookie coach with Johns on the payroll, telling him no thanks....

Coffs dragon

Bench
But the bigger thing not mentioned ....this is a pretty bold move, rookie coach with Johns on the payroll, telling him no thanks....

Agreed and also I cannot believe Marys assistants in Deano, Hornby & Milward taking a back seat whilst Joey tells them all how it's done...a case of too many Chiefs.

As attacking consultant to provide some fresh input over 1-2 months yes.

At the moment we have 3 rooking coaches and a guy who is well past it. We don't need rookie number 4.

Johns was a great player.

Rarely makes you a great coach.