What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annual NRL Forum Poll Awards 2007: 5/8th

vote for the best 5/8th in 2007.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redback71

First Grade
Welcome to the Annual League Unlimited Nrl forum poll awards, where we the fans get to vote for the Best player(s) of the year 2007.

I am hoping this will become an annual end of season event (much to the annoyance of timmah) and the players we vote for will make the team of 2007.

This weeks nominations are for 5/8th(and you are required to vote for one player this time round. the player that polls the most votes will get jumper 3 and the player that receives the 2nd most votes will get jumper 4) so hang 10 for a second or two while I get the poll up and running and then let the voting begin.

Ps: for some category's it is impossible to fit all players in the poll for there respective positions such as wing and centre, so ill pick only the more popular players or those who have represented there state or country.

Sorry for any disappointment if your favourite player is left out.

Redback71

First Grade
this is a tough one as i dont truly think that any of them have been in that great form this year. for me its a toss up out of brett finch and darren lockyer.

im gonna go finch.

badav

Bench
Anasta. Hes been good all year at club level.

No other 5/8th has really been consistently good.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
Looking at those names the NRL is really low on 5/8th talent. I would pick Witt and by plenty based on this season. Gasnier hasn't played alot, Lockyer was pretty average before getting injured and Anasta has only come good since Freddy has taken over before that he was awful. Witt has been outstanding all season he is consistantly one of the Warriors best.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
After what, 3 games? Get real mate. Piss these stupid polls off.

Azkatro

First Grade
Timmah said:
Well of course they're going to be stupid if you vote for nuffies like Ben Roberts.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Timmah said:

I agree, Chase has been the Dragons no.6 for a lot longer this season.

Rangi is the best pivot at the club and Gasnier is the best centre... yet clueless Brown separates Chase & Soward when Gaz came back. The sooner he's sacked the better imo

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well of course they're going to be stupid if you vote for nuffies like Ben Roberts.

They're going to be stupid in not taking into account the final four rounds and four finals series weeks of football too :crazy:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Anasata by a long way. Has been our best player all year...as Gus says in his article, even when we were going sh*thouse he was still very good on a week-to-week basis.

Only other contender is Lockyer, which doesnt say alot for 5/8s these days. They've disappeared!

kav

Juniors
Anasta close to Lockyer? I thought this poll covered the whole season, not just the last few weeeks.

Kav

JJ

Immortal
Weird that there's no standout 5/8s. Weird that Lockyer is winning... I went Anasta, that's weird too...

Latest posts