What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Canberra star locked up for police punch up

Perth Red

Post Whore
all that salary and they still wont jump in an uber. Self entitled pricks. The Teddy "dont you know who I am" claim just about sums up a lot of players attitudes.

Valheru

Coach
What did Nick do for Radley when he got kicked off a plane for being a dickhead or his scuffle in Byron?
Don't waste your time mate

It is not possible that a roosters player is innocent. They are guilty and either the NRL takes Uncle Nick's money or they don't. What metric they use to decide whether they will take the money or not is unknown.

Valheru

Coach
Lol you don't even know the claim, but protesting his innocence. One eyed mate
I know the squid games claim, didn't know the "do you know who i am" part.

I haven't protested his innocence by the way.

Good luck proving it though

Don't waste your time mate

It is not possible that a roosters player is innocent. They are guilty and either the NRL takes Uncle Nick's money or they don't. What metric they use to decide whether they will take the money or not is unknown.
I don’t think Baza’s serious anyway but I do like pointing out the many holes in Roosters narratives. It’s how I get my off season jollies.

soc123_au

Staff member
I know the squid games claim, didn't know the "do you know who i am" part.

I haven't protested his innocence by the way.

Good luck proving it though
He supposedly trotted out the "Dont you know who I am" line when confronted about the squid games comment.

Perth Red

Post Whore
'Trinh claimed she stood behind her friend, who challenged Tedesco about the comment, before the Roosters captain allegedly laughed and asked the women if they knew who he was.'

BadnMean

Juniors
Imagine if a Raiders player allegedly racially vilified a 20 year old girl. Honey this thread would lift off.

Where is the squid mouth teddy thread?

I think a lot of other players would have set a big thread. Teddy a bit untouchable?

I liked how the Roosters "thoroughly investigated" the matter before fobbing it off- but the women concerned say they have never been contacted by the Roosters at all...

So it was as "thorough" as taking Teddies word for it?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I think a lot of other players would have set a big thread. Teddy a bit untouchable?

I liked how the Roosters "thoroughly investigated" the matter before fobbing it off- but the women concerned say they have never been contacted by the Roosters at all...

Yep that is all it was. Unfortunately it will be hard to prove unless Teddy grows some balls and drops an apology.

I feel for the young lady here. A telling point for me was that the profile which posted the open letter to Teddy was always private with approximately 300 followers. The victim and their sister seem to be low-key, this isn't a hunt for followers or attention, IMO. Seems far too odd to be made up.

Yep that is all it was. Unfortunately it will be hard to prove unless Teddy grows some balls and drops an apology.

I feel for the young lady here. A telling point for me was that the profile which posted the open letter to Teddy was always private with approximately 300 followers. The victim and their sister seem to be low-key, this isn't a hunt for followers or attention, IMO. Seems far too odd to be made up.
If Teddy is guilty, he should fess up and apologise as should the club. The reason I’m not writing off the misunderstanding angle yet is it seems like “Squid Games” (was there more to it?) is an odd and very lame insult to make. It’s like going up to an Italian and saying “Sopranos”. Granted, league players are not a clever bunch, so who knows.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Teddy incident seems impossible to prove one way or the other. Unless there's video evidence he will deny his guilt and she can't prove her story is true.

Even if she has a friend to back up her claims. Teddy has friends to back up his.

Valheru

Coach

No one is being stopped from making a thread about it.

Valheru

Coach
If Teddy is guilty, he should fess up and apologise as should the club. The reason I’m not writing off the misunderstanding angle yet is it seems like “Squid Games” (was there more to it?) is an odd and very lame insult to make. It’s like going up to an Italian and saying “Sopranos”. Granted, league players are not a clever bunch, so who knows.
Doesn't seem there is more to it than (as per the claim in the link below) James Tedesco randomly and without provocation or previous encounter walking up to an Asian woman, shouting Squid Games at her, laughing and then walking away.

Now maybe that happened, I don't know it didn't but it seems a rather bizarre thing to do.

Of course his account of events was that he was talking about the show (the most popular on netflix at the moment) within his group of mates. Given the timing of the event, I doubt any of the parties involved were sober either so it's not unreasonable to assume that the conversation was quite loud.

Both sets of friends corroborate the respective version of events. Unless there is video evidence of him purposely walking up to the woman in question and laughing after walking away which at the very least is not available to the complainant otherwise we would have seen it by now then this will result in absolutely nothing. I doubt they would waste police resources to subpoena CCTV.

The whole situation is bizarre, I find it hard to believe an adult would walk up to a stranger and yell that at them?

But then again, who would make that up?

Latest posts