What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Elliott ton!

Anonymous

Juniors
In a word, no. In two words, no way.

Who would you replace? Hayden or Langer? And if one of them goes down, the pecking order for openors goes somthing like:

1-Hussey
2-Blewett
3-Rogers
4-Maher
5-Elliot

Rustay

Juniors
Yeah there is no way he will get called up again. Mike Hussey is way ahead of him if/when they need a new opener :D

aqua_duck

Coach
Elliot is too old, he could keep making the runs and still he won't get called up, Mike Hussey would be the obvious choice for a call up if langer or hayden were to go down as he's still in his 20's.

SirShire

First Grade
I guess so, but this guy just keeps on scoring the runs!!!

Unreal batsman, its a shame he didnt get as many chances as Damien Martyn!

aqua_duck

Coach
Salmon said:
I guess so, but this guy just keeps on scoring the runs!!!

Unreal batsman, its a shame he didnt get as many chances as Damien Martyn!
Thats because damien Martyn made the most of his chances second time around, I mean the bloke was averging 50 at test level at one stage, but I mean he also had to wait quite a while to get a re call. I mean a test average in the 30's for an australian batsman just isn't good enough.

Macca

Coach
Elliot, should never have been there in the first place. Slater should not have been dropped. No way he deserves a recall no matter how many he gets at state level.

aqua_duck

Coach
Salmon said:
He has a higher first class average, and he has only played 20 matches.
A high 1st class average doesn't always mean everything, Gilchirst's 1st class average is aomething like 10 less than his test average, Elliot had more than enough games to make a mark, 20 matches say we divide that into 4 tests series, thats 5 series he had to prove what he could do and he couldnt do it.

SirShire

First Grade
McSharkie said:
Elliot, should never have been there in the first place. Slater should not have been dropped. No way he deserves a recall no matter how many he gets at state level.

What is the logic behind this?

Macca

Coach
He can score a million at State level, what does it mean? Nothing, unless he can do it at the next level. Get over him he is goooooooorrrrnnnneeeeee!

Macca

Coach
Go ahead. I wouldn't pick any of them either. You seem to want to take Australian cricket back to the dark ages.