What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Ex-Eel returning?

Parraren

Bench
Have heard strong rumours that John Wilson (16 tries/20 games) will be returning to the Eels from the Tigers where he has just had a super season. We were very close to signing Amos Roberts but it now appears we are also interested in Wilson.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parraren said:
Have heard strong rumours that John Wilson (16 tries/20 games) will be returning to the Eels from the Tigers where he has just had a super season. We were very close to signing Amos Roberts but it now appears we are also interested in Wilson.

Who's the source????......it would be a fantastic purchase for our club if the case but??....im sceptical!!....considering he'd be up against Lyon & Vaealiki for a spot??.

I'd much rather get Wilson then Roberts.....i hope the rumor is fact not fiction!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
John's a good player but where do u put him if Lyon and Vaeliki are the centres. And also Amos has lost a bit of form, I dont see why we wanna keep buying backs where forwards are more of a problem than backs.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
John's a good player but where do u put him if Lyon and Vaeliki are the centres. And also Amos has lost a bit of form, I dont see why we wanna keep buying backs where forwards are more of a problem than backs.

I think we might be abit skinny in the backs if we don't come up with one more quality back signing for next year!!.....i reckon where pretty right with our foward pack for next year now!!....espically with Peek resigning :D

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
PARRA_FAN said:

I think we might be abit skinny in the backs if we don't come up with one more quality back signing for next year!!.....i reckon where pretty right with our foward pack for next year now!!....espically with Peek resigning :D

and Fui Fui Moi Moi :roll:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
Ron Jeremy said:
PARRA_FAN said:

and Fui Fui Moi Moi :roll:

I agree with you there....abit of a dud if you ask me!!, still though we have brought good quality in Cannings, Muckett, Muspratt, Stapelton ( who i highly rate) and possibly Jamie Fitzgerald....to go with the likes of Hindmarsh, Vella, Cayless, Widders, Armit, Tsolous, Peek, Hopkins, Wagon!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
One strong source told me [on the night of soo 2] that Smithy will never have John Wilson back however that was a couple of months ago and the same bloke linked us with Andrew Lomu so who knows??

The Colonel

Immortal
Sorry RJ, if John were to return he would be more widely used in his main position as a back rower. He was used, quite successfully, in the centres by Tim Sheens however his preferred position is in the back row. A handy option if he were to come - I was disappointed when he originally left the club as he had shown some good form.....

A good option off the bench much like Phil Bailey.....

Agent Mulder

Bench
We do people keep saying we need to buy more forwards? :roll: look at our backline will ya? apart from Lyon its very skinny.

I'd welcome John Wilson & Amos Roberts with open arms...Amos aint that bad and with proper coaching he could go far.

We have SHITLOADS of Fowards! plus Tsoulous and Armit back from Injury.

Better still we STILL HAVE PEEKY! :D

half

Coach
spot on, lyon

let's face it - vaealiki has sucked butt for ages now
burt was great, but who knows how he'll be next year?
peterson has suss defense, but i think it's good to have a player with hair like that in the team
mckinnon might continue his souths form
ash is good, but really not that great
anything could happen with eric grothe jr

and that's all the backs i can remember

with no offense meant to the guys who might fill the position......losing Moods is really gonna hurt us more than we realise.

Damn I'm gonna miss the fella. He was as reliable as they come.

Latest posts