What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another f**ker i've never heard of

DeeJ

Bench
Sounds like he put more effort trying to kick that door down than he ever did on the field.

GongPanther

Referee
Me thinks Post Traumatic Brain Injury Syndrome; or PTBIS.

Post-Traumatic Brain Injury Syndrome, also known as PTBIS, is a set of symptoms that a person may experience for weeks, months, years or life after a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Some symptoms may manifest a substantial period of time (months or years) after TBI. PTBIS may occur subsequent to mild, moderate, and severe cases of traumatic brain injury. The condition can cause a variety of symptoms: cognitive, such as difficulty attending, concentrating, executing, focusing, judging, processing, remembering, speaking, tracking, or understanding; behavioral, such as emotional lability, irritability, mood swings, or outbursts; or physical, such as endocrine dysfunction, fatigue, headache, incontinency, nausea, seizures, sleep disorders, or tinnitus. There are many other possible symptoms. Disorders associated with PTBIS might also include but not be limited to perceptual-motor disorders, somatosensory disorders or vestibular disorders. PTBIS might also periodically cause secondary psychiatric disorders, such as depression or isolating behaviors, to exhibit. Diseases associated with PTBIS might include early-onset Alzheimer’s disease or early-onset Parkinson’s disease. There is no treatment for PTBIS itself; however, symptoms can be treated. It is partially known what causes PTBIS. Physiological brain damage from traumatic brain injury causes PTBIS.

http://www.braininjurynetwork.org/thesurvivorsviewpoint/posttbisyndrome.html

I think it explains quite a lot of the behavior of players over the past number of years.

Exacerbated by drink and drugs,its not rocket science to work out that even during the season,players are just as vulnerable as those seasoned old timers.

But of course this ole' chestnut has been kicked under the lounge for years.

Charlie124

First Grade
In all seriousness though, I hope this doesn't hinder his Immortal chances. I know they're not meant to take off-field indiscretions into account but it'd be a shame if this cost him his spot next to Goey Johns.

Charlie124

First Grade
Webcke only played for 1 club throughout his whole career, Webb was good enough to play for 3!

1 X Webb = 3 X Webcke's

Latest posts