What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Frenchman will join the NRL

phonetic

Juniors
Gigot is coming along. Yaha and Garcia impressive.

It is exciting to see some quality coming out of France, but still a long way to go and still too many imports in the Catalans squad for my liking. Will be interesting to see what space they are in come 2017 WC.

It is exciting to see some quality coming out of France, but still a long way to go and still too many imports in the Catalans squad for my liking. Will be interesting to see what space they are in come 2017 WC.

I agree. You obviously watch the Catalans games, unlike the naysayers on this thread who haven't a clue what they are talking about.

I know its not a nrl team....

But today on "What's Doing Frenchie"

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_18922-whitehaven-sign-french-prop.html

Whitehaven have confirmed that they have signed Thibaut Ancely from French club FC Lezignan.
The 27-year-old prop forward has arrived in England on Thursday, and he will be available for action immediately.
Haven are currently building closer links with the game in France, and already have Ancely's compatriot Louis Jouffret at the Recreation Ground.

It is good to see more French players getting a run outside of the Catalans club. It is necessary for developing the game in France because too many positions are blocked at Catalans by Australian imports. Until Toulouse makes it into Super League (which cannot be before 2018 at the earliest given promotion and relegation hurdles), Catalans will be the only French club which is full time professional.

French players will also benefit from having English and especially Australian coaches. Whitehaven should not be a first choice destination for any French player who wants to improve himself. But Penrith under Ivan Cleary would be. So if Ben Garcia can make a good impression at Penrith we may see more French players in the NRL, which will be great for the quality of the French national team and thus for the international game.

Albie, for someone who seems to be all for French Rugby league you seem quite condescending towards them. Kinda like when people applaud women for catching a ball without dropping it.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Why do some even bother posting their garbage on here, why be complete wankars?

Yaha is a great talent, if he is committed and realises his talent he could easily make it in the NRL. There's another French kid I like in Gadwin Springer, only seen a little bit of him but what I saw was very impressive and has some serious X-Factor in him. He has now been picked up by Castleford in the ESL.

Only a couple of months ago I played golf with this Frenchman and upon speaking to him during the round it turns out he came here to play for Penrith in the NSWRL during the 80's, Serge Armansin was his name.

Why do some even bother posting their garbage on here, why be complete wankars?

Because Albert is a merkin who disrupts every forum he's on with his bullshit trolling shtick, be it here or over at rlfans.

He's spammed half the team forums (as well as this main forum) to death these past few years with his talk about "Samuel" Tomkins and Remi Casty and has won himself no friends because he's just a wind up merchant.

The only people who don't think he's a merkin are people like you, and you're obviously out of the loop.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Because Albert is a merkin who disrupts every forum he's on with his bullshit trolling shtick, be it here or over at rlfans.

He's spammed half the team forums (as well as this main forum) to death these past few years with his talk about "Samuel" Tomkins and Remi Casty and has won himself no friends because he's just a wind up merchant.

The only people who don't think he's a merkin are people like you, and you're obviously out of the loop.

Probably out of the loop because I stay out of the NRL thread because of the juvenile dribble that clogs up the threads but how does that excuse those who then reciprocate? Those are then no less of a person if they choose to not follow the ethic of reciprocity which is treat others as you would like to be treated yourself?

Mongoloid

Juniors
Probably out of the loop because I stay out of the NRL thread because of the juvenile dribble that clogs up the threads but how does that excuse those who then reciprocate? Those are then no less of a person if they choose to not follow the ethic of reciprocity which is treat others as you would like to be treated yourself?

Are you Albert?

I have never mentioned the person you call "Samuel" Tomkins, though I do sometimes mention the NZ Warriors full back Sam Tomkins.

Phil Gould explains to a fan on Twitter why Penrith have bought Benjamin Garcia:

Phil Gould AM ‏@Gus10Gould 19h19 hours ago
Phil Gould AM retweeted Ken James
Strong quick tough footwork defender Phil Gould AM added,

Ken James @K_J_78
@Gus10Gould I know absolutely nothing about Benjamin Garcia, Gus. What are his strengths/attributes?

Bring back Casty

Remi Casty, captain of Catalans Dragons, has just undergone shoulder surgery. That is why you have not been seeing him playing for Catalans. Fortunately Olivier Elima, Julien Bousquet, Jeff Lima and Louis Anderson have been doing a wonderful job in the middle of the field, and the Catalans rugby league machine just rolled over Castleford Tigers last weekend.

Latest posts