What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Holmes/Moylan thread

Card Shark

Immortal
This year he is better than all of them.
Ponga is the most over rated player in the game.

Ya not wrong.

Even the players are fooled...how could they nominate him as best in the game.

He “might” be good but he’s not that good!

Chimp

Bench
If Holmes is going in 2020, he plays on the wing next year, and we give someone else a crack there, we know Holmes is great finisher we might as well get 1 more year out of that whilst getting another fullback ready
I'm a big fan of Holmes at 1, and if he is here long term, that's where he should remain - however, I'd agree somewhat with this if he's leaving. If he's definitely going at the end of next year, I'd play him on the wing, Moylan at 1 and try recruit an actual number 6.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Chad and Moylan don’t work unless Graham plays.

You say Holmes isn’t a problem. He is a big part of it. It’s 2018, the prototype fullback ball plays. He’s another that needs Graham in the team because Wade is the third ball player.

Graham is THE most important player in the team.
Bit like the Miller years........

As for Holmes, could be an elite winger, can make a fist of fullback, but will never be elite, Ponga will be QLD fullback.

Moylan, still not sure, then there is where is Dugan best for us.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Geeeeezzzuuuuussss he was good. I couldn’t name anyone in today’s game with that skill level. That Colman try at about 3.55 when Gav made the break and slowed, redirected himself (and the defence) then put Colman away was pure genius. That just should not have been scored. Then the one where he ran at the line, ball both hands, heading left at the swerve, support coming but defence ther so he still gets a pass away with his trailing hand. Flick passes, kicks, sleight of hand.

Should be in the Hall of Fame at the very least

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
That video shows his unique level of skill, his deceptive pace. What it does not show is all the late hits Gav got, always got up, but those hits Sterling and John's hate, after passing in a relaxed position, the most late hit player ever.