What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another one for you Raiders fans

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
John McIntyre is interviewed in today's Canberra Times. Its a very good interview and the media down there have obviously reacted to being called soft and compliant.

Kudos to the interviewer.

Here's the part I got to and couldn't read an further, because I was overcome with a mixture of shock and laughter - kind of like being hit with a cattle prod and tickles wth a feather at the same time. I've just come good.....

When asked if Furner was under pressure..

How can you be so sure given his current winning percentage sits at 38 per cent?

The winning percentage of a football team has got absolutely no correlation with the ability of a coach. None at all. It's more about the individual performances of those fellas to make up a team. There'd be nobody working harder than David this week, that's why he took everybody away so they can forget about the comments on talkback radio and so on

Is the coach's job to bring those individuals together as a team. The results over the past two seasons haven't been good.

No, not at all. Again, it's just disappointing.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...s-the-score-20120608-201w2.html#ixzz1xEmMlZBs

What a moron.

If you havent read it , do so.

This is the mentality that is holding the raiders back.

We have a dinosaur running the show. This man cant be all there

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
If you havent read it , do so.

This is the mentality that is holding the raiders back.

We have a dinosaur running the show. This man cant be all there

Thats an insult to the brain size of Dinosaurs.

He's got a "hand picked" group of "free thinkers" on the board.

Hilarious. They're all his mates along for the ride on the gravy train.

The man has to be senile.

Thats an insult to the brain size of Dinosaurs.

He's got a "hand picked" group of "free thinkers" on the board.

Hilarious. They're all his mates along for the ride on the gravy train.

The man has to be senile.

True , cant argue.

Some of his answers are baffling.

DC_fan

Coach
I am not a Canberra fan but read the article. Liked the questions asked of McIntyre, was not impressed with his answers.

Cletus

First Grade
What a bizarre read. I couldn't believe what he said about Canberra milk, and the fact that there is a board member who is part of their 'leadership group' is surreal. But it doesn't look like Mckintyre is going anywhere unless it involves pallbearers so I don't think it's going to change.

Raider_69

Post Whore
as i said on another forum

If ive said it once, ive said it a thousand times
anyone who thinks the problems with this club lay at the feet of the Furners are as boneheaded and stupid as this arseclown is.

The CEO is doing as good a job as can be expected under the circumstances, the coach probably needs to go but the culture of the club wont ever change until this bloke is out

He reminds me a famous head honcho at another once proud Raiders franchise - the Oakland Raiders. Anyone who follows the NFL will see scary correlations between McIntyre and crazy Al Davis

but fear not canberra fans, there is hope. You see in 2011 Crazy Al died (RIP Crazy Al! Oh how the NFL world misses your antics), and his son had more business nous than his father, so elected to put in charge someone who actually has an idea on how to build a club.

Grampa Simpson cant live for ever boys...

"The winning percentage of a football team has got absolutely no correlation with the ability of a coach. None at all."

I don't even know how to come up with an insult as a response, I'm just completely stunned and speechless.

I also love how he tried to say that the Raiders were worried about Furner being poached so they gave him an early extension. LOL as if any other club would ever be interested in him!

As 69 said, the main problem with this club is not the coach, it's this bonehead who has instilled a lack of accountability and nepotism with the club. "I'm proud that I've never sacked a coach!"

Well, grandpa, are you also proud that your club has done jacksh*t in 18 years thanks to your culture?

It's embarrassing to realise that you have the worst run club in the league. Completely embarrassing.

MSIH

Bench
Wow, what a crazy read. There's something seriously wrong with that old guy.

Are you putting it up for sale?

Not necessarily, I just wished Russell Crowe followed the other Green Machine instead of the Red and Greens [laugh].

You would have heard some of the backlash from fans that have been calling for you to step down?

The people who say that are ignorant of the fact that the time I was chief executive, I was the one who made the phone calls and negotiations and carting Wayne Bennett around. If it hadn't been for the [Brisbane Broncos] stockbrokers that came down and made him an offer that couldn't be refused, he may still well be coaching the Canberra Raiders. I talk with Wayne on and off and he was the one who said after it had been done, I don't know if I asked Wayne the question ... he said to me 'tell your blokes they did the right thing appointing the young fella' and he was talking about David Furner...

The poor guy's senile as mentioned above.

as i said on another forum

If ive said it once, ive said it a thousand times
anyone who thinks the problems with this club lay at the feet of the Furners are as boneheaded and stupid as this arseclown is.

The CEO is doing as good a job as can be expected under the circumstances, the coach probably needs to go but the culture of the club wont ever change until this bloke is out

He reminds me a famous head honcho at another once proud Raiders franchise - the Oakland Raiders. Anyone who follows the NFL will see scary correlations between McIntyre and crazy Al Davis

but fear not canberra fans, there is hope. You see in 2011 Crazy Al died (RIP Crazy Al! Oh how the NFL world misses your antics), and his son had more business nous than his father, so elected to put in charge someone who actually has an idea on how to build a club.

Grampa Simpson cant live for ever boys...

The key difference being Al was all "just win baby" and McIntyre accepts mediocrity.

We haven't won a premiership in 18 years John. Do something about it.

Loudstrat

Coach
Bentley >>>>>>> McIntyre

Mooks >>>>>>>> Furner

and while we are at it........

Hayne>>>>>>>>> Dugan

Raider_69

Post Whore
imagine hanging your cap on getting wayne bennett
it was 3 decades ago you old fool! :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wow.

Lol @ him being jealous of us having Crowe. One of many ironic answers in that piece. If Crowe bought the Raiders Mcintyre wouldn't have a job by now, nor would David Furner.

Lol @ the Bennett bit. "We had a good coach in the 80s!!!".

Can Raiders members vote to remove him from the board? By the looks of it it isn't Don Furner that is the problem in terms of running that club, it's Mcintyre.

GAZF

First Grade
Wow.

Lol @ him being jealous of us having Crowe. One of many ironic answers in that piece. If Crowe bought the Raiders Mcintyre wouldn't have a job by now, nor would David Furner.

Lol @ the Bennett bit. "We had a good coach in the 80s!!!".

Can Raiders members vote to remove him from the board? By the looks of it it isn't Don Furner that is the problem in terms of running that club, it's Mcintyre.

Members don't have voting rights. Don Furner is a good to average CEO but has to answer to pigheads like McIntyre, not a lot of room to move.