What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Tonga?

Dogaholic

First Grade
A mate of mine has told me that the Dogs have signed another "Tonga". Charlie Tonga I think his name is, apparently he is a cousin of Willie Tonga. Also, Apparently, he is a prop forward and the second fastest at our great club.

My friend is known to be full of sh*t from time to time, so can anyone confirm or deny?

ByRd

First Grade
i havnt heard anything but im think your friend is bullshi**ing you

Dogaholic

First Grade
There is nothing about him on the Bulldogs website. Anyone know if he is any good?

Not too sure if he has signed with the Dogs, like i said, my source is very un-reliable. He may have signed with Nth Qld

Dog-E

Juniors
Well, for whatever it's worth - I've heard a little while back that we signed him as well...can't remember where I read that - but given that info I may very well have got the 'info' from this very website...I wouldn't go carving it into stone just yet. :lol:

Let us know if u find anything out! :)

Dog-E

Juniors
Well, Ive managed to at least confirm, he is a relo of Willie's - This is from an article on the qrl.com.au website...

SATURDAY JUNE 12
Toowoomba Clydesdales v Easts Tigers, 2.05pm, Clive Berghofer Stadium
ABC TV live telecast…Steve Renouf’s first game against the Broncos, if you take into account Toowoomba’s affiliation with Brisbane...Easts’ Matt Lockyer is the brother of State of Origin captain Darren Lockyer, but Tigers prop Charlie Tonga is a cousin of Willie Tonga…Charlie was in fact discovered by Easts while playing Brisbane Second Division with the Browns Plains Bears…Toowoomba has not ‘hosted’ Easts since season 2000, with the Clydesdales scheduling games in recent years against the Tigers at ANZ Stadium (twice) and Carrara Stadium…Ironically the last time Toowoomba lost to Easts as the designated home side was in 2000 …Prop Scott Alo is missing from Easts’ line-up due to a broken thumb, leaving him to be replaced by Ben Bourke…Despite a good run of form, Ben Czislowski has been switched from the front row to the interchange, swapping places with Sam Thaiday…Ian Lacey returns for Toowoomba at five-eighth.

Dog-E

Juniors
Best i can find...As of Nov.17 these were Easts Tigers confirmed player movements -

EASTS TIGERS
Gains: Dean Howard (Mossman-Port Douglas)
Losses: Trent Young (South Sydney), Steve Renouf (retired), Dane Campbell (Newcastle), Michael Wilhelmsen (Wynnum), Isaac Kaufmann (Canterbury), Dallas McIlwain (Canterbury), Darren Smith (retired)

No mention of Charlie Tonga...but with 2 of his teammates heading our way, and his cuz already there - who knows - it just could be!??.... :?

Dog-E

Juniors
:lol: Oh dear!...well THAT'S top-notch credibility for u, huh!?

Mind u - i DID read just today in my search, that Charlie Tonga had definitely found a home 'with an NRL club' - but they didn't name the bloody club! :evil:

So he must have gone somewhere after Nov.17th when that player movement list i posted above was from...but i'll believe he's come to us, only when i see it!

The Colonel

Immortal
EASTS TIGERS
Gains: Dean Howard (Mossman-Port Douglas), Brandon Costin (Huddersfield), Steve Goodhew (North Queensland), Dallas Hood (Wakefield), Aaron Lewis (Souths Logan), Grant Lewis (Souths Logan), Luke Trahair (Brothers Diehards), Hale Vaa'sa (North Queensland), Scott Young (Souths Logan), Aaron Kuskey (Norths), Richard Fletcher (Hull), Nigel Roy (London)
Losses: Trent Young (South Sydney), Steve Renouf (retired), Dane Campbell (Newcastle), Michael Wilhelmsen (Wynnum), Isaac Kaufmann (Canterbury), Dallas McIlwain (Canterbury), Darren Smith (retired), Mike Hobbs (Gateshead - UK), Paul Dezolt, Charlie Tonga, Jason Barsley (North Qld), Alec Fata (Balmain), Matt Elley (Wests Tigers)

http://queensland.rleague.com/results/2005/gain-loss.php

Either they don't know where he has gone or they have linked all three together? :? Being Dezolt was originally from Nth Qld its possible they are linked together.

Dog-E

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
Dog-E,
Oh dear!...well THAT'S top-notch credibility for u, huh!?
:lol:

Its a Dogs World,
My friend is known to be full of sh*t from time to time

Its a Dogs World,
like i said, my source is very un-reliable.

Well, I did cover my bases incase i was wrong ;-)

LOL...Nah, nah - I wasn't baggin' u out Dogs World!...Just your dodgy mate! U made moire than enuff disclaimers there for me to be able to separate u from him! :lol: ;-)

Dog-E

Juniors
OK - Looks like he's gone to the Cowboys then...Sorted!...Tell your mate to give himself a triple next time u see him Dogsworld!! :lol:

Moffo

Referee
dodge said:
Yeah he's with the Dogs to my knowledge.

Apparently not. Perhaps he is more comfortable in QLD? Can someone resolve this issue, please!!! lol

Dog-E

Juniors
Nahhh Willie Talau's LONG gone! :lol:
...And Benny Harris is at least learning to look sideways a bit now! ;-)

Latest posts