What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another win

Tigertread

Juniors
The Cowboys scored five tries to three against Manly to continue its climb up the ladder. The Cowboys are now on 12 points equal with the Dogs and the Knights. This is the year the Cowboys make their first finals appearance. :D

NORTH QUEENSLAND 31 (M Sing 2 J Hannay G Morrison D Myles tries; J Hannay 5 goals, C Sheppard field goal) bt MANLY 20 (K McGuinness 2 B Walker tries B Walker 4 goals) at Brookvale Oval

ozbash

Referee
i never thought they would do it at brookvale, but bloody good on them.
glen morrison must have a steel jaw.

just how even is this years comp ?

Tigertread

Juniors
Morrison is a North Queenslander now and you have to be tough up here :wink:
It's a very even comp, nearly impossible to pick the winners.
The Cowboys have now beaten them two years in a row at Brookie. We won 30-18 against the Northern Eagles there last year.

salivor

First Grade
I think the Cowboys really can go close to the top 8 this year. They've won a couple on the road now and if they can win the bulk of their home matches they'll get up to around 10th come seasons end.

El Diablo

Post Whore
It would be great to see the Cowboys make the finals. They've always had a team most thought were capable of doing so but have really underachieved.

Pity Hannay missed that one goal last week as he'd of broken the record by now (I think).

kaon

Juniors
It's fantastic the Cowboys are starting to beat a few teams regularly. The reason i didn't take much note of them was because they are out of sight-out of mind. Hopefully channel nine can give them a tv game. :roll:

legend

Coach
Well done to the Cowboys and I started a similar thread in the NRL section about their chances this year.

I figure, with another bye in hand, they need to win 7 of their 14 remaining games to ensure a finals berth. If they did it would be the bigget shot in the arm for the game since the Warriors decided to pull their collective finger out and have a go.

If they can beat Saints next weekend they will have gone a long way in making the top eight.

SP

Bench
I think it's great that the cowboys are finally being competitive. I thought it would be the year for themseleves to make or challenge the 8 (i wrote an article about it, "The next sleeping giants")

So i hope to see them come september time (also Penrith, even though im pretty sute they're almost there)

legend

Coach
I've had a look at the Cowboys draw and I think they can win the following games:

Round 13 v Panthers (home)
Round 15 v Eels (away)
Round 16 v Sharks (home)
Round 17 v Warriors (home)
Round 19 v Dragons (home)
Round 21 v Bye
Round 22 v Knights (home)
Round 24 v Rabbitohs (home)
Round 25 v Wests Tigers (away)

If they were to win these games, they would finish on 30 points which would see them placed around 5th or 6th. If the Cowboys start getting the big crowds, Dairy Farmers could be one of the hardest places to win a game.

I hope they can do it.

bucko

Juniors
Lets hope they can make it this year. They're a good football side and they deserve some success.