What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin

grouch

First Grade
Steve Price's coaching record

Coaching History:
Dragons Jersey Flegg Assistant Coach (2002)
2002 - Minor Premiers, Grand Finalists
Premier League Assist Coach (2003-2004)
2003 - Grand Final Qualifier
Dragons Jersey Flegg Coach (2005)
Minor Premiers, Premiers
Premier League Coach (2006-2007)
2006 – Grand Final Qualifier
2007 – Semi Finalist
Dragons NYC Coach 2008-2009
2008 - Grand Final Qualifier
2009 – Grand Final Qualifier
Dragons NRL Assistant Coach (2009 – present)
2009 – Minor Premiers
2010 – Minor Premiers, Premiers
Samoa Head Coach 2010

:roll: .........looking to steal our new coach now, since our old coach walked out on you?
Did you even read the post you quoted? Can you read?

Derpex

Mr Red

First Grade
Steve Price's coaching record

Coaching History:
Dragons Jersey Flegg Assistant Coach (2002)
2002 - Minor Premiers, Grand Finalists
Premier League Assist Coach (2003-2004)
2003 - Grand Final Qualifier
Dragons Jersey Flegg Coach (2005)
Minor Premiers, Premiers
Premier League Coach (2006-2007)
2006 – Grand Final Qualifier
2007 – Semi Finalist
Dragons NYC Coach 2008-2009
2008 - Grand Final Qualifier
2009 – Grand Final Qualifier
Dragons NRL Assistant Coach (2009 – present)
2009 – Minor Premiers
2010 – Minor Premiers, Premiers
Samoa Head Coach 2010

so he is yet to taste any success as head coach of any team at any level...
pretty certain nathan browns CV looked the same, lots of close to the money but never delivered :(

grouch

First Grade
so he is yet to taste any success as head coach of any team at any level...
pretty certain nathan browns CV looked the same, lots of close to the money but never delivered :(
2005 - Minor premiers and premiers of Jersey Flegg

Mr Red

First Grade
2005 - Minor premiers and premiers of Jersey Flegg

sorry my mistake didnt see that one.
if thats the case isnt that a lot of the players currently in first grade?
if so then why doesnt he have the same understanding of their abililites like the broncos coach does of his players he has brought up through the grades?

Elias1983

Coach
sorry my mistake didnt see that one.
if thats the case isnt that a lot of the players currently in first grade?
if so then why doesnt he have the same understanding of their abililites like the broncos coach does of his players he has brought up through the grades?

I know brett morris and Dan Hunt credit him with their development.

Ben creagh i think as well.

redvforlife

Juniors
that coaching history looks fairly successful to me. But then my definition of success isn't so narrow that it only includes Premierships.

Mr Red

First Grade
that coaching history looks fairly successful to me. But then my definition of success isn't so narrow that it only includes Premierships.
uising your definition would you say Nathan Brown had a successful stint at the dragons?
we made the finals basically every season with him.

i would say Nathan Brown wasnt succesful at the dragons.

personally i think the difference between making the finals and winning the comp is massive... you need an exceptional coach to achieve this.
a lot of coaches like Brian Smith for example have what it takes to get a team to the finals... but dont have the edge to win the big one..

Fingerbang

Bench
Nathan Brown was and still is an excellent coach. If you need proof of this, ask anyone who has been or is coached by him. He was just the wrong man for the job at Dragons at the time he was thrust into the job.....hardly his fault.

64 Dragon

Coach
Nathan Brown was and still is an excellent coach. If you need proof of this, ask anyone who has been or is coached by him. He was just the wrong man for the job at Dragons at the time he was thrust into the job.....hardly his fault.

If you listen to some of the pundits on here, the only decent coaches we have had lately were Wayne Bennett and Harry Bath. (showing my age with Harry)

Mr Red

First Grade

so like said "i would say Nathan Brown wasnt succesful at the dragons."

just like Price may be good - but i dont think its the right timing for him..

guys like Price and Brown needed to go and learn their trade somewhere like the super league (which brown has now done) and some lower ranked team like the raiders or eels before taking on a high profile role like the dragons...