What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Mundine versus Danny Green?

El Duque

Bench
From www.sportal.com.au

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td>Fenech-Mundine battle rages </td></tr> <tr> <td>Sportal</td></tr> <tr> <td align=right></td></tr></tbody></table> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td>
space.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=left border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td>
024445news.jpg
</td> <td>
space.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table>Jeff Fenech is unlikely to fight Anthony Mundine, but one of his boxers is more than ready. Danny Green, who boasts a professional record of eight knockout wins, challenged Mundine to a fight after the former league player challenged Fenech earlier this week after winning a points decision against Brad Mayo in Townsville. "To come out with a tirade of abuse and to try and belittle Jeff in the way that he has, it's extremely disrespectful," Green told Channel Seven’s Sunrise program. "He (Fenech) was only fifty seven kilos when he fought. "It's seven weight divisions he's trying to go down so it's ridiculous. It's not a very brave thing (of Mundine) to do. "Anthony, I'm here waiting for you to fight, it's as simple as that, we're ready to go.” Fenech doubted the challenge would be accepted believing Green posed too big a threat. "I have no doubt that Anthony won't fight Danny Green," Fenech said. "Anthony doesn't fight people who can fight. "It's someone closer to 30 rather than 40, it's someone who has won his last eight fights rather than lost them and it's someone who hasn't been retired and if you don't have those ingredients usually Anthony don't fight you." Fenech maintained his criticism of Mundine saying he was tarnishing his family, his race and the sport of boxing. "I feel sorry not just for Anthony but for his family," Fenech said. "I know his father is a great competitor, a great ambassador for the sport in Australia and a great Aboriginal. "For him to tarnish their name - that's all he's doing. If that was my son out there I'd be kicking his backside." </td></tr> <tr> <td>
</td></tr> <tr> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

El Duque

Bench
This could be a good fight although it's not that easy to gauge how good Green is as his opponents have just been a mob of stiffs.
I just hope it comes off and I know who I'll be going for.

B

bender

Danny Green v Mundine could be a blockbuster and I really hope Mundine forgets his dream of being a World Champion and concentrates on becoming the best in Australia. There is tremendous interest in Mundines category at the moment and if things go to plan, there could be some great matchups in Australian Boxing. Mundine v Green is building because of the Fenech Mundine public feud. Mundine-Soloman II would be great because of the circumstance of their first fight. Thornberry Ottke could set himself up for a shot at Mundine, if he performs admirably. If these 4 fighters can actually fight each other a few times it could prove very enterataining and beneficial for all of them.

The good thing about Mundine is that he does fight very regularly, not just every 6-12 months. If he would now fight the best in Australia, it would be very good. If he is capable of clearing the Australian scene then he should concentrate on becoming a legitimate commonwealth champion.

Anyway, back to the original question Green v Mundine, it would be a good fight. It is impossible to predict but I have a leaning towards Mundine simply because I really did rate his performance against Waters. Even against Ottke, whilst he did lose, his performance was still surprisingly good against a true World Class opponent.

M

mud &amp; blood

He doesn't have the balls to take on a fighter who can punch.

Ranson

Juniors
Yes I agree. Danny Green-v- Mundine would indeed be a decent fight. However, Mundine thinks that Danny Green needs to fight on "The Man's" terms before he will give him a shot at Team Mundine.

Mundine will beat Ellis ... no doubt about it. Ellis will have more power than Obah but his stamina and agility will be much the same.

From what I have seen, Mundine has quick hands but not alot of power. He moves very quickly but cannot take alot of punishment. He is the sort of boxerthat has to be alert, awake and respectful of every opponent he faces.

If hegets another shot at Ottke who isprobably stillMundines best chance at a title, I believe Mundine will show Ottke the respect he deserves next time around. No more will there be "the Ali shuffle" mid 2nd round orother similar energy wasting antics.

I hope Mundine can win. Cos I think he is the sorta guy that may giveAustralian boxing some standing in the US regardless of how he does it.

O

ozbash

mundine has already given the aussies some standing in the USA with his bin laden comments.
i think a sportsman like green is preferable to promote a countries overseas image than mundine,who is only out to promote himself.,,,,,while he can,,,,,,which wont be for much longer......

Benderparma

Juniors
Well it looks like this fight is finally taking place about 4 years too late. Mud and Blood, Ozbash, Outlaw, El Duque all on Danny Greens side. Am i the only one tipping Mundine? Mundine is too fast and will outland Green consistently. Green will make the mistake of looking for the one big KO shot but wont find it. If Green doesnt land hard early, I think Mundine will stop him.

Latest posts