What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Mundine

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I know this is slightly OT, but I had to have a short rant.

Article - http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...t/news-story/0d52835ebb8b6281dbe6295f34ec3572

Mundine is pure scum, plain and simple. A vile, low-life, uneducated scumbag.
He is using the Muslim religion to hide behind his own disgraceful, harmful opinions. It's disgusting. Anybody who supports this flog needs to have a serious re-think about their life choices.

The club and its supporters should abandon any past, present and future links with this despicable human being.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
anigif_enhanced-946-1433453114-7.gif

JDHD

Juniors
There has never been a more consistent f**kwit in the history of Australian sport. This is the guy who claimed racism as why Laurie Daley got picked over him for the Kangaroos, and when it was pointed out to him that Daley is also indigenous, he replied with "yeah but he's not really indigenous".

There has never been a more consistent f**kwit in the history of Australian sport. This is the guy who claimed racism as why Laurie Daley got picked over him for the Kangaroos, and when it was pointed out to him that Daley is also indigenous, he replied with "yeah but he's not really indigenous".
Not to mention that he cost us a premiership in 1999.
Darren Treacy is still waiting unmarked outside Mundine to receive the final pass and score the match winning try in the 1999 GF.
Instead off passing for a certain try, Mundine went himself and spilt the ball.
Whatever happened after that moment, was irrelevant...
They say he polarizes public opinion - a bit lopsided I reckon.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
he should have got a penalty in that gf, he only spilled the ball after he got hit high by a Melbourne flog.
as for 'hiding behind his muslim faith' I don't get that comment at all, he is Muslim and Muslims believe in homosexuality being a sin.

Gareth67

First Grade
The bloke is not short of a word , that's for sure . Totally agree with whats been said , however to hide behind ones religion I find abominable .

In his case the acorn has fallen a long way from the tree , the 'man' is nothing like his father who not only fought the best that the fight game offered at that time , but he was also a real gentleman .

I had the pleasure of meeting him once at Ernie Macquillian's gym , many , many years ago , a lovely bloke . Damn shame that junior never acquired the same qualities .

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
The bloke is not short of a word , that's for sure . Agree totally whats been said , but to hide behind ones religion however I find abominable .

In his case the acorn has fallen a long way from the tree , the 'man' is nothing like his father who not only fought the best that the fight game offered at that time , but he was also a real gentleman .

I had the pleasure of meeting him once at Ernie Macquillian's gym , many , many years ago , a lovely bloke . Damn shame that junior never acquired the same qualities .

I agree Gareth.

He should have tried to emulate his father's character, rather than trying to be just another Mohammed Ali wannabe and a rather ordinary one at that...

Walpole

Juniors
he should have got a penalty in that gf, he only spilled the ball after he got hit high by a Melbourne flog.
as for 'hiding behind his muslim faith' I don't get that comment at all, he is Muslim and Muslims believe in homosexuality being a sin.
Yep, he's bringing to the forefront what all strict adherents to that religion (and many other religions) believe, not hiding behind anything. As a wise man once said, if you're only argument against something is religious, you have no argument at all.

ouryear

Juniors
I know this is slightly OT, but I had to have a short rant.

Article - http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...t/news-story/0d52835ebb8b6281dbe6295f34ec3572

Mundine is pure scum, plain and simple. A vile, low-life, uneducated scumbag.
He is using the Muslim religion to hide behind his own disgraceful, harmful opinions. It's disgusting. Anybody who supports this flog needs to have a serious re-think about their life choices.

The club and its supporters should abandon any past, present and future links with this despicable human being.
No different from Fred Nile, and many... many ....many other white right wing doof bags.

He only says what we already know his faith believes......

I don't see it as a big big deal, free speech and all.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Yes, I must admit he is extremely consistent in his chosen profession with his Diploma in Wankerism.
Let me point out that not only did he gain his Diploma at first attempt, he was dux of the class!

So, based on all his achievements and on behalf of all members, I would like to put forward a submission to the powers that be, that Mr A. Mundine be award a Lifetime Achievement Award for being a Career Tosser.

Those in favour say 'aye.
Those opposed .................
The ayes have it!

Footnote - He lost me the day the of 911 with his interview with a dumbfounded interviewer, Richard Wilkins.

We all make mistakes but not everyone has the backbone to admit it and apologise.
With Mr Mundine ............. its everyone else's fault but his.

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree Gareth.

He should have tried to emulate his father's character, rather than trying to be just another Mohammed Ali wannabe and a rather ordinary one at that...

Yes Dragsters , that was his undoing , he had a mouth but not much else . His fights were handpicked against much weaker opponents whom were usually at the end of their careers . Seen a few pugs in my time and they were a nice bunch , the older ones having fallen on hard times we would always buy a couple of schooners for and occasionally a few bob to go with it .

hewi

Bench
I agree Gareth.

He is not even good enough to wipe Ali’s bum.