What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Tupou - why is he so crap?

webShark

I dont know. I can only assume his guaranteed money means he doesnt have to try.

please enlighten me as to why he is such a useless wank*r. How long are we stuck with him? Great pass for the last try to your Cuz. Toops. I am debating starting a class action to sue you for impersonating an Australian and NSW Rep player.

TBH, I never wanted you in the first place. Why dont you relocate? That gay French Pink Jumper wearing Union team may be an option. Dont bother with park football. You would get smashed with your attitude

roboshark

Coach
Well he is surrounded by reserve graders. He can be a damaging hole runner when he has decent players with him

Our current side is a glorified nsw cup team

The Shire

Juniors
Well he is surrounded by reserve graders. He can be a damaging hole runner when he has decent players with him

agreed

the back line is a nsw cup team on a good day, the forward pack is a top 8 team

webShark

Well he is surrounded by reserve graders. - AGREE

He can be a damaging hole runner when he has decent players with him - NOT LIKELY IN THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE

Our current side is a glorified nsw cup team - AGREE

I dont think the above 3 points justify his useless form. He is disinterested,ineffective and appears not to try too hard. Same 3 points apply to Gallen but he hasnt turned it up.

Tupou should take a voluntary pay cut or refund us season seat holders out of his own pocket.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
he isn't the same anthony tupou who played for the roosters? he's surely been abducted by aliens or something.

roboshark

Coach
Maybe because gallen is involved 2 or 3 times in every set. He needs to stay out of it a bit I think. Whilst ever he is doing this then toops impact will be reduced

The Dodger

First Grade
His play of the balls are shocking although they were slightly better tonight
he has become predictable
run towards the left the cut in towards the right.

He is a bench player at best.

chewsta

First Grade
Our whole team have become a bunch of lazy coonts waiting for someone else to have a go in attack and defence. Collis & fergo were nowhere to be seen last night and one stat at half time had the commentators gobsmacked at something like only 5 hitups between dougy and snowden in the first half WTF!!
Gallen and Gards are the only ones that want the ball nobody else does.
I agree Gallen gets way too involved every set but no other merkin wants to roll his sleeves up and get dirty.
I also don't rate our forward pack as much as everybody else does either, Gal yes, but snow and Doug go off and we have f**k all! Where the f**k is Vave? Tautai FMD he is sh*t!

Inferno

Coach
He's a good recruit who we paid pretty high overs for.

Needs to be played off the bench to get the most out of him at the moment.

webShark

He's a good recruit who we paid pretty high overs for.

Needs to be played off the bench to get the most out of him at the moment.

So now we have a 400k benchie!!! Who do we start in his place 'the mighty Broderick Wright'?

webShark

Our whole team have become a bunch of lazy coonts waiting for someone else to have a go in attack and defence. Collis & fergo were nowhere to be seen last night and one stat at half time had the commentators gobsmacked at something like only 5 hitups between dougy and snowden in the first half WTF!!
Gallen and Gards are the only ones that want the ball nobody else does.
I agree Gallen gets way too involved every set but no other merkin wants to roll his sleeves up and get dirty.
I also don't rate our forward pack as much as everybody else does either, Gal yes, but snow and Doug go off and we have f**k all! Where the f**k is Vave? Tautai FMD he is sh*t!

Neither do I, If it was so good we would be in the game. We are usually gone after 10 minutes (great forward pack and all). I too wonder where Vave is.

Tautai FMD he is sh*t No he isnt. He is worse

Feej

First Grade
I don't think he's ever been any sort of a *match winner* with us Reefy.

Frailty

First Grade
How many matches has he won for us Reefy?

10 games we have won since he was in the squad.

Manfred Moore

Juniors
Tupou made his name at the Rorters (initally at least) as a benchie who when he came on used his speed at the line to bend the defense back everytime and give his team some much needed momentum. He was a real crowd favourite.

Then we started to see some clever offloads etc. Whilst this is a huge part of his game and probably the reason he was brought to the sharks in the first place (ie more attacking options) it has not worked consistently enough.

He needs to go back to rolling the sleeves up and attacking the line for yardage and momentum first not trying to set up another player which of course takes away from your speed at the line.

Anyhow its all symptomatic of a team hugely down on confidence and overplaying their hand unnecessarily to get out of the hole.

Weaponhead

Coach
Tupou is a strike backrower who can bust a tackle and offload. Since coming to the Sharks he hasn't lived up to the form at the Roosters. IMO there are a few reasons for this
1. Our support play is awful so when he looks to pop a pass no one is there
2. Our halves are not capable of isolating a defender to get him one on one where he is most destructive
3. Gallen gets the majority of the ball on left side cramping other players out of the game
4. He is playing a lot of minutes, limiting his impact

Having said all of this, he is not playing like a $400k player. He really needs to lift his impact togive us value. He was bought across as an attacking weapon but has got sucked into the bash an barge of Sticky ball.

Coach Flanno needs to really think carefully about Tupou's role in the team. He can be unstoppable on his day but is not delivering.