What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Chance Of Kingston Making Grade?

ghoti

Bench
^^^

How long is he contracted for? I'd hate to lose this guy as he's been a top performer for us over the last couple of years in the lower grades.

Is there anybody in the know that knows his status as far as first grade is concerned?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Max01 said:
^^^

How long is he contracted for? I'd hate to lose this guy as he's been a top performer for us over the last couple of years in the lower grades.

Is there anybody in the know that knows his status as far as first grade is concerned?

He's not contracted. He is a Newtown contracted player now. He has been training with the NRL side. Whether he gets a run or not probably depends on Sully. If Sully goes to Warrington (and that seems likely although still not official) we are down 2 hookers (Bird and Sully).

ghoti

Bench
*(Bird and Hilder.)

I don't really see Hilder as a long term hooker option though. I think he's a good hooker, but a very good back rower. Hopefully we'll still have Kingston for next year and if we don't blood him this year, we can in '06. This is a guy who's in a similar position to what Robbie Farah was over at the Tigers...playing reserves with excellent form for aeons. He made the grade with stunning results...I can see Kingston doing the same thing.

ghoti

Bench
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
He's not contracted. He is a Newtown contracted player now. He has been training with the NRL side. Whether he gets a run or not probably depends on Sully. If Sully goes to Warrington (and that seems likely although still not official) we are down 2 hookers (Bird and Sully).
If Sully goes, we'll be left with Bird and Sully....corrected it, but tried not to draw attention to it cos I understood what you meant. I probably should of left it out, but it doesn't really matter now anyway. Christ, that made me look like an idiot.

Do you know how long he's contracted with Newtown for?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
It didn't need correcting Max :lol:

If Sully goes to Warrington (and that seems likely although still not official) we are down 2 hookers______________ (Bird and Sully) <===The 2 we are down.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Max01 said:
If Sully goes, we'll be left with Bird and Sully....corrected it, but tried not to draw attention to it cos I understood what you meant. I probably should of left it out, but it doesn't really matter now anyway. Christ, that made me look like an idiot.

Do you know how long he's contracted with Newtown for?

No mate, one of the Newtown people might come here and see this and reply though.

The point is Max01. Kinga is in the same (good) form as he has always been. Yet that wasn't enough for him to win a contract this year so I doubt he'll get one for next year unless we can't recruit.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I'm sure he'd do well myself. I don't know why is is apparently not rated. He's been a standout in all the PL games I've seen.

ghoti

Bench
My bad about that CJS. Thought you meant down to two...not down to.

Go for it Mr. Sharkie, I'm expecting more members as the season wears on, he's a champion young player and it appears to be he will be so at another club.

BWNB

First Grade
we need to let the young players proove themselves in the NRL and then think about what we are going to do, without playing him in a game i cannot say how good he is.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Max01 said:
My bad about that CJS. Thought you meant down to two...not down to.

Go for it Mr. Sharkie, I'm expecting more members as the season wears on, he's a champion young player and it appears to be he will be so at another club.

No problem, just havin' a dig. I agree with your sentiments in fact. :)

ghoti

Bench
And the right time wasn't when Hilder was out injured and Sullivan failed to improve as a run-on hooker. IMO, that was the perfect time to give him a shot.

I can't see him playing in firsts tis year unfortunately, but surely next year he'll get his chance.

Mr Sharkie

Juniors
It's a shame that Hilder wasn't out just one more week. That might have forced Raper's hand a little and once he made it you'd think there'd be no turning back.