What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Dolphins fans on here?

Puff

First Grade
I am at Samford. Happy to have a local team. Use to be a Dragon, but since they merged they are no longer St George, and smell too much like Illawarra. Not the team I use to support.

Jumped on the Dolphins as soon as they were announced.

As long as they play with heart the remainder of the year I’ll be proud

T-Boon

Coach
yep they are my second team.
If I was the Dolphins I would have the Dolphin badge where the KINGS ad is and the KINGS ad on the back and I would ask the NRL to subsidies the lesser amount they get from the ad.

The Sharks supporters have had the 'Fins Up' sign for a couple of decades. There's even a Sharks podcast called it.
This new side has stolen it!
Frankly I'm glad, I always hated the Sharks doing it.

kit66

Bench
Stadium was heaving with Dolphins fans during the game

Will they all stay onboard when tough times hit? Who knows but for now support isn't an issue

Many of them have been Dolphins fans for years and over the moon that their club is now in the NRL so the support will always be there.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Saints supporter.
When I was a kid I had Newtown as a second team as my school team was in the Newtown juniors. When they died and Illawarra came in I took them on as a second team for the red and white scheme. I even bought a pair of their socks for footy training duties.
I’m taking an interest in the Dolphins due to the colours (except that dodgy beige “gold”), they are automatically above a few on my like/hate meter. So not supporting them per se but I’ll keep an eye on them .

Puff

First Grade
I'm still in there, but mostly watching & rarely contributing.
Had an LU account since 02/03, still hard to break the habit though...
Not sure when it first started, but I remember having a smiley face with glasses, that doesn't exist anymore, then had to change over to this (so 2008 is wrong), so don't remember when i started. However, the Saints are no longer the Saints. I dont hate illawarra, it's just my team was forced to merge, and now its run like a two-dollar shop.

And, as a past member, you got no say. So, I gave all that up. Now living in Moreton Bay, I get a brand-new home team, in my new adopted home, which I love and has been a life changer.

Now to support it. Go the Dolphins

Perth Red

Post Whore
What was surprising was that 17k decided to pay on the gate rather than become a member given the prices of tickets on game day at Suncorp!

great opening crowd hopefully they can kick on and get a min 20k attendance at Suncorp games. Shame they’re playing in two substandard stadiums this year as well but hopefully that gets reversed for next year.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If you are a QLD NRL team I'm behind you, that includes our adopted brothers the Sunshine Coast Storm ;)

Welcome to the QLD NRL family, Dolphins

What was surprising was that 17k decided to pay on the gate rather than become a member given the prices of tickets on game day at Suncorp!

great opening crowd hopefully they can kick on and get a min 20k attendance at Suncorp games. Shame they’re playing in two substandard stadiums this year as well but hopefully that gets reversed for next year.
Yep, that stadium over in Perth is a real stinker

Glad its only for this year yuck