What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Vinyl Heads?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Interested in seeing ya collections, no matter the size or genre! Lets have em!

Yep, here’s mine. Mostly metal and rock, around 130 titles, mid-70s to new. Estimated value about $3900 going on the Discogs median values. Not bad considering I only really got back into vinyl less than a couple of years ago!

AF3EA7E2-0891-49D6-B71A-0CC3F8B4E0A8.jpeg

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
And this is what it’s played on, a restored vintage 1970s Pioneer setup, sounds pretty awesome (running through a pair of modern German made Magnat floorstanding speakers)

image.jpg

bileduct

Coach
This thread sadly reminds me of the time I left a stack of Iron Maiden records sitting on my bed overhanging the edge slightly, with the electric blanket turned on high.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
This thread sadly reminds me of the time I left a stack of Iron Maiden records sitting on my bed overhanging the edge slightly, with the electric blanket turned on high.

Damn.

I’ve got reissues of all the classic Bruce era Maidem records there plus and original press of Live After Death. Will get the first couple in time too.

I lost a few to warping as a kid too- mainly cause the stereo at my mums house was under a north facing window and the turntable got direct sun. Not a good idea to leave records sitting on it but teenagers are lazy.

kiH3qNY.jpg

My collection, 120-odd LPs, 300-odd singles/EPs/bootlegs. Majority of the LPs are original pressings, couple reissues and a few promo copies.

All classic/golden era/underground hip hop.

Some of my gems include...
Black Moon...Smif N Wessun...Heltah Skeltah...Pharaoh Monch...Blackstar...Company Flow...Big L...Lord Finesse...Ras Kass...Kool G Rap

Set up is 2xVestax Decks plus a DJTech mixer as my Vestax shat itself recently. Got those Rockit 6 speakers and also an AudioTech turntable I picked up for 20 bucks.

Xcalibre

Juniors
No pics but I collect on and off. More off lately as it’s just too expensive, especially colored vinyl which I prefer/the main reason I’d buy wax over digital. only a small percentage of releases are color too.

I’d estimate my collection to be around 60 LPs, 5 or so EPS and 15 singles.

Biscuits

Juniors
Don’t know how to add a photo. I’ve got close to 1200. Mixture of 7inch 12inch singles. EPS and albums.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Don’t know how to add a photo. I’ve got close to 1200. Mixture of 7inch 12inch singles. EPS and albums.

For some reason now when I try to upload a pic it comes up with an error message.
Anyway I got rid of most of my vinyl a few years ago because they were taking up room in the spare room, nothing of real note really it I did keep the Xanadu soundtrack because of the cool pics and liner notes. Also kept my ABBA singles which have picture covers and the same with singles from Xanadu. Sad really isn’t it :sweat_smile: lol.
My turntable is stored away under the bed, I could easily hook it up to system in the lounge room but just cannot be bothered for the amount of times I would use it.

Biscuits

Juniors
If anyone’s interested in checking out some of my vinyl have a look at my Instagram. @vinyl_rhino12

Latest posts