What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANYONE against signing Gallant

nomarg

Sorry if this has been done before-

But is anyone against signing Mighty Mouse???

Apart from Sheens..........

This guy is as loyal as ever.... and seemingly will sign for unders- so WTF is with us not signing him up????

Just give him 150k a year.

He's happy, fans happy, team plays better. FFFFFFFFFFFFSSSSSSSSSSS.

Next year I totally see this happening. 1. Moltzen, 6. Taumata. 7. Marshall.

FFS

Sheens is dead set f**ked in the head if he doesn't re-sign Gallant.

That would be a worse decision than playing Morris in the halves for 2 1/2 years.

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
I think everyone knows sheens wont sign Gallant, more so now with his injury he is adament that moltzen will be a great fullback so i think his mind is made up for next year. Its unfortunate but we all know it will happen. i just hope he doesnt sign for another club personally, would pain me to see him in another jersey carving teams apart

macnaz

Staff member
I cant see him being signed up as they said they will make a decision in a couple of weeks on his future and its now almost 4 weeks later, if they still cant see his talent they never will. Also the coment shines made alluding to the fact that moving Moltzen to half weakened our fullback position also doesnt look good for Gallant. Teflon said himself a good fullback is like a 14th player and Gallant showed that , but he thinks moltzen has the 14th man factor..Moltzen goes well at fullback but is never going to be spectacular.

TiggaPlease

I'm against signing him if we aren't gonna give him the starting gig in the no 1 week in week out.
He deserves better than wasting away in reggies and only getting called up once a year when injuries occur.
All or nothing i say, this kid deserves a long career in footy and if sheens can't see that then f**k it, I hope someone else signs him and he goes great.

macnaz

Staff member
Im with you on that Tigg, hope he gets a start somewhere else. Id even be happy if he plays against us and carves us up just to rub in and make shines look the idiot he is.. As long as it isnt a semifinal tho lol But do honestly hope what ever happens he isnt lost to the game as he is great to watch. Hmmmmmm maybe Slater to centre to cover for basher Inglis and Mighty to fullback at the storm lol

macnaz

Staff member
If I were the Sharks recruitment officer, I'd be knocking on his door right about now...

Nah they've blown their budget on Johnny lol . But u are right tho.. what a budget buy which would add firepower to anyside,particulary the sharks who lack scoring ability.

baddog

Juniors
he'd sign for 50 grand. loves wests and wants to play here forever. but who are we numpties to think a junior like gallant would be a better signing than a penrith superstar like daniella? do you know all the best talent plays for windsor?

TiggaPlease

Yep, we'll all get to see the true genius of Sheens/McDonnell on Sunday afternoon, Mitch Brown's decisive powerful running and great hands, he's sure to win us a grand final..... :roll:

thedoc762

Juniors
sign him asap he's a solid fullback with loads of potential i like moltzen in the halfs but if not centre so i cant see why gallant cant be a week in week out fullback and he wont cost alot under 100 k makes sense but im not the powers that be....

b.bear

Juniors
teflon is an idiot if he thinks not having gallant as part of our 1,6,7,9 quartet is some masterstroke is kidding himself the only thing i can see about this situation is that it is personal with tim because it cnt be professional becuase SG has jumped through all the hoops tim has set up for him..

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
It's a bloody tough one.

The Galloping ant has been very good for us but he really needs to improve his defence. I can't see any reason why he can't. Bowen, Preston and the likes have improved in time. I think that is a concern for Shames. I agree with the Shames, Moltz can make a good #1. Then you can throw in likes of a Lui or Taumata in the halves. Just a suggestion. I'm content, either way.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Guys -

Firstly, I think Gallant is the best FB at the club and could grow into a Hodgo type player with some experience. The guy goes great and sees a shed load better than Moltzen in the limited time Ive seen Moltzen play at the back.

Having said that - and all ideas about other signings in 1, 6, 7 and 9 aside, Moltzen needs to be in the side and the aint a centre!

Also, dont forget that we resigned Lazarus just after his injury and he is apparently the holy grail at FB - if he stays injury free.

In a perfect world I would have

1 Gallant
6 Marshall
7 Moltzen
9 Farah

With Lazarus as a backup for 1, 6 and 7.

Shannon is a great kid though and deserves to be a full time footballer and if we are going to keep putting people in front of him - I hope he goes and shines, like the other cast off's; Bronson and De Gois.

All being equal - I would rather re-sign Gallant than any other player we have coming off contract this year - no exceptions.

DanOz

Juniors
Agree with whoever said I cant believe they signed Mitch Brown and Geoff Daniella ahead of Shannon.

Sheens is a joke, I just hope they decide to punt him, hopefully the Broncos make him an offer, I'd love to see him destroy them, probably see Lockyer's future in the back row.

AussieSmithy

Juniors
From NRL.com

"Gallant’s manager, Martin Tauber, will contact his client today to go over the terms of the Tigers’ offer but they are expected to accept the deal within days."

Better than nothing...