What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone at the game?

DJH

Juniors
I was just wondering if anyone attended the game?

Just interested to hear what the atmosphere was like and were there any Australian Supporters?

What was the merchandising like?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

carlnz

Bench
I was there but cant remember much at all.....i know i walked in with $200 and came out with $20!!! Damn beer at $5.50 each!!

Ummm there was a couple Aussie fans scattered around the ground...not much though.

They had all the kiwis merchandise for sale.

Overall it was a good game with a great vocal crowd...

ozbash

Referee
yep, there were a few aussies there, was sitting next to an aussie family.

there was a bit of aussie gear for sale, mainly flags and jerseys. majority was kiwi stuff.

atmosphere was incredible in the east stand, could hardly hear yourself think.

DJH

Juniors
Sounds good. Thanks for that guys. I am going to the Sydney games, I hope they have the same feeling.

JoeD

First Grade
I was there. Great atmosphere in the east stand. Didn't pay much attention to the merchandise. A few aussies were there and the crowd was well behaved on the whole.

miccle

Bench
Atmosphere sounded WICKED on the radio and was mentioned by radio and television commentators. Might not have been the biggest crowd in the world, but there was certainly no shortage of passion by the looks of things.

Well done for getting out there NZ. A loud and intense crowd of 17.5K is better than a silent crowd of 30K.

Latest posts