What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone see the league weekly?

hotdogs

Juniors
just seeing if anyone saw league weekly mag this week? apparently it had the raiders strongest man in the strong man of league comp-didn't actually know that our one was gonna be in there this week. has anyone got the article? our strongest man is the cannonball!!!! and i think he's the strongest in the nrl altogether...anyone been keeping an eye on that one?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I shouldn't say he's sh*t. He has played well in first grade when given the oppertunity. We just need more than five minutes out of a player. Before you say "Weyman?", I believe with a full off season we'll see a fitter more effective Weyman. Heres hoping.

hotdogs

Juniors
Lime_Green said:
Are hotdogs and Cannonball related?

I'd love to be related maybe i could have some of those genes...i did hear though he got arrested last weekend for peeing in public!!! how pathetic...but funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

nah mate just interested in our players.......y are you related to him? :lol: your just jealous :lol:

paulquinn49

Bench
Walt Flanigan said:
I shouldn't say he's sh*t. He has played well in first grade when given the oppertunity. We just need more than five minutes out of a player. Before you say "Weyman?", I believe with a full off season we'll see a fitter more effective Weyman. Heres hoping.

I could have sworn someone said this in 2004, then 05, 06 and now 07. But hey a few more years wont hurt.

Chachi

Bench
OK if we're going to compare players why don't we chuck in Scott Logan - arguably our player of the year.

Made his debut at age 22-23 for the Roosters playing 14 games in his first season. Was hardly an outstanding player in his first few seasons.

In comparison Weyman has just played his 5th season as a prop at the same age. Tilse his second.

Webke was on the ABC today saying he only really learnt his trade when he hit 27 - with 27-30 being his best years.

I hope front office isn't as quick as some of you blokes in writing our young props off.

Bay56

First Grade
Is it a case of Weyman not being fit or just not being given extended time by Henry? ... I'm not really quite sure.

Irrespective I think Weyman could lose a keg or two and still be quite an effective forward. If come this time next year and we are still discussing Weyman in this light I'd have to ask who is to blame ... player fitness is a reflection of the coaching staff ... there is absolutely no doubt and queston regarding the words 'Weyman' and 'talent'.

sossman

Juniors
Chachi said:
And he's improved dramatically in the injury department.

$5 says that he injures himself in the offseason eating a krispy kreme.

I have run out of patience with weyman, I'm sorry but young guys like Thaiday are far more effective than him, and didn't need so many seasons to get upto speed.

Dane Tilse however, I have no problems suffering another few season of the powderpuff special to make sure he comes good. HE will be a weapon by the time he's 25

legend

Coach
He has regressed in the stupidity department. He gives away atleast three penalties a game and that is rare for someone who is only on the field for about five minutes a game.

Imagine him and Corey Hughes in the same team?

Chachi

Bench
Yes, I agree he didn't do himself any favours with some of those brain explosions. He is better than that and I'm sure he'll learn to control his aggression.

The exact same thing could be said of Costigan - who is a similar age and was just as inconsistent but because he was somehow picked for Origin he apparently deserves more leeway and gets applauded for slapping opposition players.

I've seen all sorts of players written off over the years and it's each to their own as far as I'm concerned. My opinion is that I'm glad Weyman is running with us rather than against us. I just find it funny that many people don't think he still has the ability to make a big contribution for us at NRL level.

dubby

Bench
I agree Chachi.

Weyman has the ability but I think his concentration and mental applcation leave alot to be desired. Having said that, the big guy is passionate and brings some mongrel to the team which I think is good.

Nev and Mick need to learn to release that fire and passion in a constructive way instead of bitch slapping and starting fights. Big Mick has started plenty of blues, but looks like he cant throw them a la Ryan Hinchcliffe or Dave Furner.