What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone see the Titans game as a massive danger game

Basil Brush

Juniors
I know the game is still 3 days away but this games is ringing alarm bells for me.

3 main reasons.

1) Titans will be desperate being 0-2. On the flipside, could we have any possible complacency, especially with their injuries. I doubt it with BA as coach but you never know.

2) 5 day turnaround worries me in terms of preparation. It may mean we rest any forwards with any slight niggles. Thinking possibly Matagi with his concussion.

3) Titans may be more unified without Hayne. They certainly played better last year without Hayne than with him.

To start the season 3-0 would be great, but hopefully the players don't just think this game is in the bag.

Gronk

Staff member
I don't see any game to be easy in this comp. Anyone can beat any side on any day.

If you don't turn up and be ready to roll your sleeves up and work for a win, you'll get your pants pulled down.

forward pass

Coach
I do - we have a pretty poor record against the Titans for some reason. They seem to be our bogey team.

But one thing I will say about this current side, is that they are putting a lot of 'hoo doos' to bed. The one I really want to get rid of is to beat Canberra in Canberra. We have only won there once in 17 f**king years - and that was ten years ago !!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Tempting, but I think FP summed it up nicely.

This is a different team. Yes we will lose games and have disappointing results at times but I don't see us rolling over and pissing ourselves in games we should win. For the Tits to beat us they will need to play well.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I saw last game as a danger, but I agree with Gronk every game is a danger no matter how poor the opposition is.

Titans would definitely be desperate chasing their first victory for 2017.

Our attitude under Arthur is good, plus he said there's room for improvement which is a positive.

Hayne not being there probably might help the Titans a little bit, but their halves need to improve from the last game.

Incorrect

Coach
I tipped 1 from 8 last weekend and the Eels are my Lock of the Week for Round 3...

So Yes, Mos Def, this is now a danger game for the Eels....

TheParraboy

Staff member
I know the game is still 3 days away but this games is ringing alarm bells for me.

3 main reasons.

1) Titans will be desperate being 0-2. On the flipside, could we have any possible complacency, especially with their injuries. I doubt it with BA as coach but you never know.

2) 5 day turnaround worries me in terms of preparation. It may mean we rest any forwards with any slight niggles. Thinking possibly Matagi with his concussion.

3) Titans may be more unified without Hayne. They certainly played better last year without Hayne than with him.

To start the season 3-0 would be great, but hopefully the players don't just think this game is in the bag.

agree mate

Plus the lure of Melbas nightclub, Movie World and the topless chicks at the beaches

Titans 13+

hindy111

Post Whore
5 day turnaround and a sunday night game = poor organising by NRL. It also effected how BA limited our players vs dragons.
All that said unless we have a far superior backline and should be able to win even if not at best due to there injuries. If at full strength id lean to titans.

Eelogical

Referee
How the wheel has turned when a team is seen to be stronger when Hayne isn't playing. However, after two rounds the Eels are playing great, relatively injury free and look to be far more driven since I can ever remember. There is purpose and belief and I expect them to put the Titans to the sword. If this is one of those games we are supposed to win then we'll win it.

Latest posts