What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone think the canetoads will romp it in?

Eelogical

Referee
Just want some opinions. I know the selectors can't please everbody but NSW seem to be a mishmash team for game 1 compared to QLD. I couldn't bear another canetoad flogging but I am getting that feeling after seeing the team announcements (no disrepect to any selected players intended). Hopefully, I will be made to eat my words after the series. I would rather that than have a record straight series loss record against the Blues.

hellteam

First Grade
Nope, 'romps' rarely ever happen in Origin, this year will be tough with the 2 games in Sydney. Wouldn't surprise me at all if NSW win on Wednesday.

jarro

Juniors
Just want some opinions. I know the selectors can't please everbody but NSW seem to be a mishmash team for game 1 compared to QLD. I couldn't bear another canetoad flogging but I am getting that feeling after seeing the team announcements (no disrepect to any selected players intended). Hopefully, I will be made to eat my words after the series. I would rather that than have a record straight series loss record against the Blues.

Hasn't that already happened ?

Go Queensland !!!!!!!

STG-MACCA

Bench
Does anyone in NSW who follows a club week in week out really give a sh*t about NSW in origin?

As a kid I used to get excited for the origin series, but for more than a decade it has been a team picked on media form and rarely much else.

For once I would love to see a squad picked 100% on form, and would be interested immensely in the results.

Lambretta

First Grade
It all depends

If the Queensland bus crashes on the way to the stadium and Thurston, Inglis, Smith, Lockyer, Thaiday and Price all suffer concussion and are unable to play then I think we might be heading for a draw.

Failing that, 18 point margin to Queensland

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Tahu could be ruled out according to reports.

If he is then Lyon will move to the centres and Barrett (also Finch has been added to the squad but i believe Barrett would get the nod) will be moved to 5/8.

Does this make QLDrs any more nervous?

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
BTW im watching game one from last year on FOXTEL atm. You guys had us beat at 18-2. We were a rabble. We had no cohesion, young kids in the halves who were sh*tting themselves and f**ked up about a million chances in the last 15 mins.

Yet after all that we were only 6 points behind until the last few seconds. We had QLD on the back foot and your players were huffing and puffing big time. We just didnt have the experienced heads like Barrett and Kimmorely to get us over the line. All this considering we were playing against the greatest backline ever assembled.

Charlie124

First Grade
Lyon to centre would be an improvement on the team and so would be the inclusion of Barrett.

Unfortunately for NSW you still have Gidley, Perry, Idris, Creagh and White in the team so as a QLD'er i cant say that im nervous about much.

Knightmare

Coach
That was one thing I noticed about last years' series- in all 3 games, the Maroons looked tired towards the end and had NSW had a better team (esp. in Game 2 where they appeared to have no game structure for the last 15 minutes) perhaps they could have won an extra game. I think the trick for this year is to wear Qld down and then strike a couple of times in the last 20 minutes or so to seal the game up.

aussie_q_factor

Juniors
The first team that even thinks they can romp it in will almost definitely lose.

Complacency will be a big hurdle for QLD this year.

user_nat

Coach
It all depends

If the Queensland bus crashes on the way to the stadium and Thurston, Inglis, Smith, Lockyer, Thaiday and Price all suffer concussion and are unable to play then I think we might be heading for a draw.

Failing that, 18 point margin to Queensland

Since Price isn't in the team, I assume that the bus must crash into his car?

Dazzat

First Grade
Last year proved that having a far superior team on paper doesn't necessarily mean a flogging.

The difference between the two teams will be the combinations in the Queensland team - Slater, Lockyer, Thurston and Smith - have played together many, many times for state and country, and the experience of Lockyer and Civ. Also, Queensland have more individual brilliance across the park ... Slater, Falou, Inglis, Thurston, Taylor ... guys who can take a half break and create a try.

When the pressure's on, combination, experience and individual brilliance will make the difference. Bring it on!