What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Who Bags Fui

gustarny

Juniors
Is an absolute disgrace they need to watch the last five minutes again he was giving his all and more for our club the tackle before he smashed one of their forwards and all he wanted was to not let kimorley get a shot at field goal there was nothing in it .I am proud of our boys they took plenty of punishment and still were in with a chance to win that game.Hold your heads up boys .The tide will turn.

the_eel

Juniors
Yeh you cant bag Fui for that. He was simply trying his hardest to put pressure on Kimmorley and i really don't think he could have pulled out of it once he'd jumper. Other than that he had a decent enough game as well.

spiderdan

Bench
fui's mistake was just one of those things that sometimes just happens at the wrong place at the wrong time. fui has done well to not lop off anyone's head the last 2 seasons. obviously he has worked on his defensive technique.

strider

Post Whore
agree .... fui played his guts out down the end of that game - and all he was trying to do at the end was stop a potential game winning field goal - he was devastated when they got the penalty ...... plus I will say till I am blue in the face, the contact with kimmorley was with fui's chest/shoulder, not his elbow, and was only because kimmorley was falling - it happens all the time in general play and doesn't get a penalty - bad decision to decide a game with it

Bigfella

Coach
The injury he suffered was in a collision with Cayless early in the second half. Blood was gushing from his nose.

That was the incident where he sustained an injury.

He laid down like a dog. It is the Cronulla way. They do it for penalties and they do it in semi finals.

Ricky Stewart, the greatest hypocrite in rugby league.

Bigfella

Coach
And on Fui, no way you can bag him.

Considering we lost a match in identical circumstances three weeks ago, where the markers didn't show enough urgency, his efforts in the last few minutes were absolutely outstanding. If anything he was guilty of trying too hard, and I'll never bag a player for doing that.

As

Hutchy86

Juniors
Thought he had an outstanding game... one of a select few of our forwards who didn't puss it out against some aggressive defence.
It was such an unfortunate penalty & I'm almost certain there was nothing in it.. but they've been penalising them all year so at least they're consistent?

The Colonel

Immortal
Is it ironic that Harrigan managed to see the contact with Kimmorley's head in the last minute but didn't see the elbow Grubben dropped on Cordobas head in the opening exchanges of the game?

Nothing wrong with the tackle Tony? Nope..... you are right. It was the crap after it that was out of line.

WA Eel

Juniors
The only thing maybe that Fui could have done once he was in the air was when he was coming down have his hands up so there could not have been any suggestion than his forearms had come anywhere near Kimmorley. Then again, I don't know if chest to head contact is still a penalty.

Last edited:
It was a legitimate, if unofrtunate, penalty.

If no one had have charged Kimmorley and he had have nailed it, everyone would be up in arms about how lazy we were and blah blah blah...

It's just one of those things that you have to sometimes cop in a game of footy.

Hanscholo

Bench
The way i saw it. If the rest of the side tried as hard as Fui did then it would never have come down to that. Parra still carrying a lot of dead weight.

BWNB

First Grade
It was a legitimate, if unofrtunate, penalty.

If no one had have charged Kimmorley and he had have nailed it, everyone would be up in arms about how lazy we were and blah blah blah...

It's just one of those things that you have to sometimes cop in a game of footy.

Amen!

If FFMM knew anything about Kimmorley's track record of field goal attempts he wouldn't have bothered.

Kimmorley could have had a shot from 20 out and still missed.

Latest posts