What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone whose seen Souths-Logan: Is Marc Herbert in form?

Timbo

Staff member
If not, we're rooted.

f**king Carney carrying on like a wanker again.

I really miss the squeaky clean Mark McLinden sometimes.

shear_joy9

Coach
Besides Carney's kicking game (those 40-20's have been fantastic) Campese has really been the catlyst for the teams current form.

Also against the Roosters, Tongue looked a very good ball-player.

I'm not saying Carney's not going to be missed as he obviously will be, but it's not head in noose times.

Off-topic; who will be the goal-kicker?

Timbo

Staff member
shear_joy9 said:
who will be the goal-kicker?
My first thought. Campese kicked two when Carney left the field for the final ten against the Dogs a few weeks ago. But he did not look confident at all. Can Herbert kick? Otherwise there may be an SOS to Jarrad Croker from the TC side...

Russell Crowe's Band said:
SOS to Dobbo?
My second thought. Doesnt that look like a masterstroke from the club now? He would be perfect, he must be laughing over in Hull atm...

Last edited:

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
To answer the original question......

No.

He hasn't played at all well in recent times, with a mix of poor form and injury.

shear_joy9

Coach
My first thought. Campese kicked two when Carney left the field for the final ten against the Dogs a few weeks ago. But he did not look confident at all. Can Herbert kick? Otherwise there may be an SOS to Jarrad Croker from the TC side...

In the off-season Halligan was working with both Carney and Campese.

I'd say Campese will do it if he wants to.

Timbo

Staff member
Wunderbar.

Matt Smith or Mick Picker, come on down...

I hope Henry doesn't try and band-aid it and name Tongue or Buttriss at half...That'd kill us.

sydraider

First Grade
I was thinking Matt Smith also but agree, Henry will prolly try and band aid for this week anywys, if the worst is confirmed that is.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
To answer the original question......

No.

He hasn't played at all well in recent times, with a mix of poor form and injury.

Agree TR have only seen him on TV but he has hardly been a stand out. Having said that Carney has been playing a different role over the last couple of weeks and it's a role very similar to the way Herbert plays the game so I am confident we will not lose out greatly. Hopefully this gets sorted out sooner rather than later and there is nothing in it. Had the feeling that Todd was building up to a stellar end to the season. And yes, Herbert is a goalkicker.

Timbo

Staff member
Well at least if Herbert can kick goals its one problem solved.

Raider_69

Post Whore
he'll be ok the herb, his form is not great reportably but i think he'll step up to the mark
and tbh, with matt smith suspended, we had no other options... maybe mick picker

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
he'll be ok the herb, his form is not great reportably but i think he'll step up to the mark
and tbh, with matt smith suspended, we had no other options... maybe mick picker

You are right regarding options there aren't many and if Herbert doesn't fit the bill we are in trouble. Buttriss or even Travis Waddell ( I know they have both been playing 9) could be other options.

Bay56

First Grade
I'm hoping (without a great deal of hope) that matters will be sorted out before Sat night and TC comes back in ... maybe this is a ploy by the club to take the Titans off the sent :)

FFS things were looking good and we get this .... arhh the life of a Raiders supporter.

Timbo

Staff member
According the 7 news, the players voted to stand down Carney...

If he's out all week and doesn't train I don't see him coming back in.

And with Todd's form, I think this is probably going to be bad.

bileduct

Coach
I'm hoping (without a great deal of hope) that matters will be sorted out before Sat night and TC comes back in ... maybe this is a ploy by the club to take the Titans off the sent :)

FFS things were looking good and we get this .... arhh the life of a Raiders supporter.
So Bay, what do YOU think the club should do about TC this time?

Bay56

First Grade
So Bay, what do YOU think the club should do about TC this time?

Not sure why you're asking for my opinion mate ... maybe the fact that I was very vociferous with regard to his club initiated suspension last season ...

I stand by my comments then but this time around I'd have to admit that the club would receive my support regarding a brief (but not lengthy) suspension.

Sacking is a different matter ... def not in my thinking.

Last season I spoke to a person very much in the know regarding TC and other potential cannons ready to go off and those that were not exactly the best role models. You'd be surprised some of the names that were mentioned. The facts for me at the time were that last year's suspension was not going to solve his drinking problems, and prob wont be now... and lets face it that is the root of his problems.

TC has to grow up, simple as that ... he needs a settling component in his life lest he continues to be easily influenced by others to stray of the path.

What I cant understand is how these footballers risk big contracts for the bottle ... TC will easily find another club, not so sure about Bronx.

I don't understand why he's been allowed to drink at all. He clearly has no stop button when it comes to grog, so he should be forbidden from pushing the play button.

Good luck to Marc Herbert. He had huge raps put on him in 2006, and again last year. I've wanted to see how he goes at NRL pace for a while. Qld Cup is probably more brutal than the NRL. It's not really a comp where someone with silky skills and craftsmanship will excel. Herbert will have benefited from that, and will enjoy playing behind the Raiders pack with the go forward and sticky defence they've been showing lately.

Also, we need a nice pretty boy to get the ladies back out to Bruce. Toddy might have the hair and the tuff stickers, but since "Zill-lander" left the catwalk, the Raiders haven't had much by way of looks. Notwithstanding Tilse's "Dreamboat" status.

THe bubble hasn't necessarily burst just yet.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Off the pace IMO.

Sth's Logan are on Fox tommorow if you want to form an opinion of Herby.

Fensom had a run in QLD, looked OK but definately needs to pack on a few KG's. He and Thompson look like world beaters in U20's, but against seasoned vets it's abit more difficult to impose.

Latest posts