What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone whose seen Souths-Logan: Is Marc Herbert in form?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Not sure current form for Souths Logan will come into it. This will be the biggest game of his life and he'll treat it as such. Looking forward to see what he can offer.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Hoping Herbert will be a better player, than what I have seen, with better cattle around him. Not expecting much to come out of the Carney incident but in some ways I hope he is not re-instated before the weekend so we can have a good look at this guy. Even if the incident turns out to be only a minor one, Carney still needs a kick in the arse.

colly raider

Juniors
On FOX sports news this morning, they said he would most likely get a two match suspension, and a fine.
I hope they are wrong, cause we need TC for Broncos game.

Bay56

First Grade
A two match suspension hey ... yep that should solve the problem ... after that i dont think Toddy will be touching another drop.

I know management are caught between a rock and a hard place with regard to Carney but there really is only one solution ... and that solution has to be embraced by Todd himself.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I know management are caught between a rock and a hard place with regard to Carney but there really is only one solution ... and that solution has to be embraced by Todd himself.

the club just cant stand idlely by and wait for todd to embrass this running amok, they have to punish him, a massive fine along with a suspension isnt going to fix the problem but at least its a punishment

Timbo

Staff member
the club just cant stand idlely by and wait for todd to embrass this running amok, they have to punish him, a massive fine along with a suspension isnt going to fix the problem but at least its a punishment

Seconded.

Punishment for what , he isnt guilty of any wrong doing as far as I can see , unless the club finds something in their investigation. Their is no clause or ban on Toddy having a drink as far as Im know. so he is allowed to go and have a drink with the boys, by law he cant drive but nothing stopping him having a drink.
TC is guilty by the media , they have slammed him.

The players stood TC down , so they could focus on the game and TC would of been distracted by the media circus, Toddy should be smarter but that isnt breaking any laws

Chachi

Bench
C'mon Herbie. Time to step up and show us what you're made of.

Jeez I hope he has a blinder and puts Carney in his place. There's got to be no better time to come in with Campo fired up and the boys ready to rip the Coast a new one.

In fact I think this could also be a defining moment for Campese as he will have to step up as our senior playmaker with the likes of Withers and Carney out. What a great test for the bloke. IMO no better reward for someone who is at least able to piss in a straight line.

Bay56

First Grade

and that will solve his and the clubs problems ??

Nick his problem revolves around the bottle ... simple, get rid of that part of his life and we're most of the way to keeping him on the straight and narrow ... get rid of some of his piers and replace them with a Tongue type and we've seen the last of these headlines.

Until TC grows up the chances are this will not be the last time the club is faced with the decsion to sack him.

Time off the field can only have the potential of de-railing what looks like a promising end to season 2008 ... the club and it's supporters will once more be the poorer.

Raider_69

Post Whore
and that will solve his and the clubs problems ??

Nick his problem revolves around the bottle ... simple, get rid of that part of his life and we're most of the way to keeping him on the straight and narrow ... get rid of some of his piers and replace them with a Tongue type and we've seen the last of these headlines.

Until TC grows up the chances are this will not be the last time the club is faced with the decsion to sack him.

Time off the field can only have the potential of de-railing what looks like a promising end to season 2008 ... the club and it's supporters will once more be the poorer.

But bay you are missing the point, the solution for this problem can only be found by todd, nothing the club will do will work, that doesnt mean they should do nothing... doing nothing sends a clear message we will let him get away with it without repercussions. Until he is ready to grow up the club has got to find ways of punishing him to reitterate the fact his behaviour is unacceptable.

yea it has the potential to derail our season, but thats on his hands, not the clubs, if the season de rails, he'll be largely to blame and maybe he'll realise the implications of his actions and maybe he makes this decision based on the fact he has let his team mates and fans down and doesnt want to feel that way again... maybe not... either way the club can not be seen to be doing nothing, as then he will NEVER change as there will be no need to since there will not be repercussions of his actions

Seagullsrock

Juniors
As I've never seen Herbert play; what's his kicking game like?
ie. long kicking, attacking plays.

Not a huge kicker of the ball and likes to run more especially close to the line. Certainly hasn't been outstanding this year and Souths recent poor form doesn't help.

Chachi

Bench
Has a nice short passing game and can organise a side quite well. I think he needs a challenge and this could be it.