What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone would think

Bigfella

Coach
Quade Cooper invented the carbon tax, boat people and the alp the way Hadley is getting into him.

Eels Dude

Coach
How the hell did Ray Hadley get back on tv. He's calling the game like he calls on the radio. He should adjust to the fact that people listening to him in this case have the visuals too.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How the hell did Ray Hadley get back on tv. He's calling the game like he calls on the radio. He should adjust to the fact that people listening to him in this case have the visuals too.

Yeah makes me realise again why I only listen to league on ABC

parra pete

Referee
Don't judge Quade Cooper on a bad month. The bloke can play. He will win more games for his teams than he loses.

hybrideel

Bench
I've gotta say i kind of feel sorry for the bloke. Last night he looked to me to be a guy with the weight of the country on him and he felt it. We were being totally outplayed all across the park, especially in the forwards so he tries something and it fails. Things get more desperate so he tries something else, that also fails.
He really reminds me a lot of Hayne in that respect. Everyone expects him to single handedly win the games for them and he becomes the sole point of blame from many when he doesn't.
The all black's played a great team game and totally dominated us. The fact that their winger got MOM shows they aren't reliant on one player.
Our forwards made no ground at all meaning the very few times our halves got the ball was off the back foot under a pile of pressure.
In saying all that i don't understand the game all that much. I mean i don't see why you would kick the minimum 10m from a 20m restart when you are practically giving the ball back to the opposition in perfect field goal/penalty position (i won't say try because they are few and far between)

crocodile

Bench
He wasn't as bad as what is being said. The truth is, the Wallabies forwards didn't man up and were too slow to the breakdowns. Cooper got very little quality ball last night. Hard to do good things without good ball.

Gronk

Staff member
He wasn't as bad as what is being said. The truth is, the Wallabies forwards didn't man up and were too slow to the breakdowns. Cooper got very little quality ball last night. Hard to do good things without good ball.

Agree, the ABs were amazing on the ground. Having said that QC had no excuse for kicking it out on the full, marking arm grab tackles, dropping bombs or his passes hitting the grass.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Enough already. I watched last night's debacle. Watching the World Cup has reminded me of how much I used to love playing rugby union. Don't get me wrong league is fantastic, but there is an immense amount of uncertainty as to what can happen in union, so the spectacle is great. The playing experience was even better.

What I just didn't understand was why we persisted with an injured Pat Mccabe whilst Berrick Barnes twiddled his thumbs on the sidelines. i'd reckon that if Barnes had played in the centres some of the pressure would have gone off of Cooper. We missed Kurtley Beale pretty badly.

At any rate, if we're going to buy union players I'd go for Genia, Beale or O'Connor.

Bigfella

Coach
It's a long time since I listeded to Hadley.

He seems to have confused his shock jock role with his commentating one.

He seems to feel he has to whine and criticise and harp. It's a shame because he was a very talented caller when he stuck to informing.

that other fat heap on 2gb does the same thing. I can't listen to him call a game because he justs gets stuck into one team.

Gronk

Staff member
Enough already. I watched last night's debacle. Watching the World Cup has reminded me of how much I used to love playing rugby union. Don't get me wrong league is fantastic, but there is an immense amount of uncertainty as to what can happen in union, so the spectacle is great. The playing experience was even better.

What I just didn't understand was why we persisted with an injured Pat Mccabe whilst Berrick Barnes twiddled his thumbs on the sidelines. i'd reckon that if Barnes had played in the centres some of the pressure would have gone off of Cooper. We missed Kurtley Beale pretty badly.

At any rate, if we're going to buy union players I'd go for Genia, Beale or O'Connor.

Both of whom have signed on with the Melbourne Rebels for $1m per season for 2012 onwards.

Eels Dude

Coach
Yes I do..The difference is Smith has no talent (hence he is on the scrap heap), Cooper has it in spades.

Smith is in incredibly talented footballer. Just struggles with the mental side of the game. His 2005 form was the best I've seen from any halfback for the Eels (I wasn't around in the Sterlo era).