What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC DAY MATCH: St George Illawarra Dragons vs Sydney Roosters *Live Updates*

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cockadoodledoo said:
I have to, My therapist tells me I have to stop blaming Finch for everything..

Oh don't worry blaming Finch is fair enough! If you said that I would have agreed with you!:lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Cockadoodledoo said:
I know they are but the fact the Dragons struggled to beat us with about 8 players suggest they are little better than sh*t, which is the truth.. They, like us are making up the numbers..

How about we only just beat you because your team played courageously when they were low on numbers...

Give your team more respect.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Immortal said:
How about we only just beat you because your team played courageously when they were low on numbers...

Give your team more respect.

Or the dragons are ordinary headed by a soccer-diving captain in Barett!:lol:

gregstar

Referee
Cockadoodledoo said:
I know they are but the fact the Dragons struggled to beat us with about 8 players suggest they are little better than sh*t, which is the truth.. They, like us are making up the numbers..
glad you think so highly of your team.

remember it's only rd 7 c**k. ;-)

Danish

Referee
Kid said:
Agreed. When the dragons needed the rest, the most experience player looked like he was gone for the game, got the rest, then participated as per usual. Gave them the chance to consolidate. I guess thats what experienced players do, you see it all the time. Still Clarke could/ should have said move the play the ball over here and play on.

I particularly liked the move during one line drop out where Wes lay down in the in goal, they stopped play for a minute while he crawled off the field. Start play. Oh hold on, Hornby won't kick until the replacement is on the field. Stop play again. Replacement wanders on down the sideline and takes the field. Start play. Hornby goes to kick. stops. Replacement running around from side to side of the posts for 20 seconds. Stop play. Penalty for time wasting??? Course not. Just a quick "kick the ball sometime today please", then start play again.

Time wasting much??

Could hardly care less about the loss. Roosters forwards absolutely dominated the saints supposed international lineup, and our PL backline managed to keep another "international" star line up at bay for 80 mins. 4 tries off kicks, Head is as good as any halfback in the game at the moment. Great effort by all concerned.

Godz Illa

Coach
There are several ways of analysing the game, but whatever blows your skirt up Danish...

One view is that the Roosters linespeed - assisted by a typically short Steve Clark ten and the unhurried ruck clearance - stifled the attacking potency of the Saints backs. This was countered by a gameplan of tactical kicking which yielded 4 tries, plus 1 bombed and 2 denied by the video. It was brilliant defence from the Roosters though, and they deserve more credit than they have been given. Brett Finch in particular - Ben Creagh, one of the most damaging, dangerous ball runners in rugby league targeted him all day and Finch completely contained him.

Another thought on the obstruction penalty is that Clark blew his whistle immediately - well before the try had actually been scored. One might suggest the Dragons defenders played the whistle and relaxed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Three words sum up Rorter fans:

SORE F**KING LOSERS.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Danish said:
Could hardly care less about the loss.

Oh. How the mighty have fallen !

2004-03-12%20Lew%20sour%20grapes%20on%20Coles%20Myer%20200226.JPG

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Danish said:
Head is as good as any halfback in the game at the moment. Great effort by all concerned.

Head was awesome, a superstar, Barrett was though thinking about all the cash he has milked out of the Dragons for the last 8 years and how he will rip of some poor Pommy club.

Danish

Referee
Immortal said:
Oh. How the mighty have fallen !

Wouldnt sour grapes imply that i care and am sh*tty??

Given that i couldnt be happier with how the roosters went with an entire backline from PL or out of position I'd say sour grapes are the furthest thing from my mind.

If the Dragons think playing like that is the base of a great season then they are in real trouble. A bit of Gower treatment is all that is needed to fix them (i.e continuous semi late shots on Head to take him out of the game).

Red Bear

Referee
Timmah said:
Three words sum up Rorter fans:

SORE F**KING LOSERS.
I'm, sorry, but why would you call the Roosters the Rorters??? Yours is the club that was 1-2 million over the cap and subsequently lost 37 competition points. Just seems a tad hypocritical to me.

Billy Gunn

Juniors
I blame the ref!!!!.........for ruining a great game!!!!

I thought both teams played very well in the conditions and would have liked the Clark to allow the play to flow more.

Too many soft penalties.....some of those "high shots" were terrible calls and it went both ways.

Clarke needs to remember where there to watch the game, not him

He had a shocker all round

gregstar

Referee
Danish said:
Wouldnt sour grapes imply that i care and am sh*tty??

Given that i couldnt be happier with how the roosters went with an entire backline from PL or out of position I'd say sour grapes are the furthest thing from my mind.

If the Dragons think playing like that is the base of a great season then they are in real trouble. A bit of Gower treatment is all that is needed to fix them (i.e continuous semi late shots on Head to take him out of the game).

250px-Glazed_apple_Danish.jpg

is a

crying.jpg

Danish

Referee
Wow....

I'm so impressed by your ability to google a picture of a baby that i just farted.

gregstar

Referee
Danish said:
Wow....

I'm so impressed by your ability to google a picture of a baby that i just farted.

no - that silent gust of wind would be your mating call. sorry - i don't swing that way mr apple.

Latest posts