What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC day

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
geez you mob are quiet in here..

surely there'd be some discussion happening about the upcoming game.. such a favourite of so many players and fans of both teams..

hard one to pick this year.. obviously i hope we get the win, but just looking forward to another classic match..

geez you mob are quiet in here..

surely there'd be some discussion happening about the upcoming game.. such a favourite of so many players and fans of both teams..

hard one to pick this year.. obviously i hope we get the win, but just looking forward to another classic match..

Both teams are sh1t this year, Muz and we're not sure what kind of game we're going to get I guess. Still looking forward to it though.

Easts are are getting better but our attack still looks lost at times. Dragons defended well for a time before the game got away form against Broncs. They may find defending against us a little easier. Hope I'm wrong. Best of luck on Mondee.

OVP

Coach
My favourite game of the year. I like the Dragons fans, its good to banter with them :)

Also this game is Mitch Aubusson's 200th first grade game. What a great game to bring up the 200 !! Well done Mitch and i hope we re-sign you for lots more.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
My favourite game of the year. I like the Dragons fans, its good to banter with them :)

Also this game is Mitch Aubusson's 200th first grade game. What a great game to bring up the 200 !! Well done Mitch and i hope we re-sign you for lots more.

agree, good milestone, he's flown under the radar a lot..

but mitch aubusson holds another lucky double..

he's the better mitch in the roosters team, and is also the better aubusson..

H.H

Juniors
Good article by gus on Aubs today.

As for the game, I'm 50/50 on the result. Thinking our effort is due to bring us some more consistent results...here's hoping.

Bad luck left it too late... played average first half and then second half stepped it up... last minute call was unlucky.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We weren't good enough plain and simple.

Positives to come from the match were Cords return and Ryan Matterson. Take out the intercept and he was very solid. Showed some composure and is a freaking unit.

strong_latte

Juniors
Was at the game - brilliant atmosphere and I reckon we really should have won but for some very poor errors by Mitchell and a couple of others. Mitchell effectively cost us 12 points by dropping the ball almost over the line in a try scoring position and then dropping it again from a bomb with some awful technique to give the dragons ther first.

The dragons meanwhile were playing like a bunch of Italian soccer players and milking every tiny bump. That last penalty at the end was an absolute joke

Dragons 09

Juniors
The dragons meanwhile were playing like a bunch of Italian soccer players

:lol::lol: Probably because we are coached by Bruce Willis........academy award stuff. He can't coach but acts like he can so i guess it rubs off after a while.

Mind you, you guys sucked bad today and didn't really deserve to win, it's just that we sucked a tad less.

Really like the look of Matterson, i think you might have the making of something special there. And I hope someone keeps and eye on Mitchell and keeps him in check as he looks like he could go either way.....an absolute star or corrupted by his own ego. Is he a Blue or a QLD scum?

Chook

First Grade
We're in the fight we just can't lift that extra 10-15% to win.

That said I'd prefer to watch us play and lose that support St Gutless. I'd be embarrassed to support that club and culture and it takes a special kind of gutlessness to lay down on Anzac day.

Chook.

That said I'd prefer to watch us play and lose that support St Gutless. I'd be embarrassed to support that club and culture and it takes a special kind of gutlessness to lay down on Anzac day.

Chook.

The were remembering the fallen, Chook

Horrie Is God

First Grade

Chook.

Pretty much, but JWH is due back this week, so i hope he can inspire that extra 15%..

He is our spiritual leader & the fulcrum around which the team performs..

The were remembering the fallen, Chook

Classic.. Too funny..

Chook

First Grade
Pretty much, but JWH is due back this week, so i hope he can inspire that extra 15%..

He is our spiritual leader & the fulcrum around which the team performs.

Yeah me too mate, I'm hoping the bit of confidence and belief JWH and Pearce will bring lifts the others as they all appear to be playing within themselves a bit.

Chook.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
JWH will make some more difference.. but it seems to be one step forward two steps back.

I was amazed at how good Cordner looked in his first game but he couldn't replace Liu and SST on his own.

on another point Matterson's long kicking game looked a hell of a lot better than Hastings... his boot is pretty weak, decent short kicking game but his long ones are a worry. the other thing that concerns me about hastings is his speed (of lack thereof) and foot work. obviously still young from an experience point of view but those other things you can teach.

is Pearce back next week as well?