What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anzac Match 2013

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Should be a cracking game. These games always are. I hope it is ruined by poor ref decisions.

Great record for Soward. Hope it continues.

The Enforcer

Juniors
The Roosters look pretty good at the moment and should be a tough test for the boys.Nightingale to score a double to just get us home.

Godz Illa

Coach
The man who last year scored one try and set up the match winner, Mickey Weyman, named on a 5 man bench.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/72956

1. Jason Nightingale
2. Brett Morris
3. Chase Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Jamie Soward
7. Nathan Fien
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jack Stockwell
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Ben Creagh (c)
13. Trent Merrin

14. Bronson Harrison
15. Matt Prior
16. Jack de Belin
17. Damien Cook
18. Michael Weyman

TheRev

First Grade
Definitely a huge emotional game, I reckon we will get up emotionally, Sowie will kill it.. my fear really is just 1 or 2 brilliant pieces of play from a SBW or a Jennings or a Maloney etc..

Jennings is a player I never rated, and whether its just a novelty for his new team being on a high and all I dont know.. but his speed is a real problem if he gets loose.

Im assuming our team will be the same as last round, Flo @1 and Vidot @5... Havent heard a word about Rangi so we can assume no late inclusions on that front.

Elias1983

Coach
The man who last year scored one try and set up the match winner, Mickey Weyman, named on a 5 man bench.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/72956

1. Jason Nightingale
2. Brett Morris
3. Chase Stanley
4. Matt Cooper
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Jamie Soward
7. Nathan Fien
8. Dan Hunt
9. Mitch Rein
10. Jack Stockwell
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Ben Creagh (c)
13. Trent Merrin

14. Bronson Harrison
15. Matt Prior
16. Jack de Belin
17. Damien Cook
18. Michael Weyman

Cook in there agin hey?

BennyV

Referee
Cook in there agin hey?

I like Cook being there, the more experience he gets the better. I hope, however, that it's not an indication that we may not have Rein next year...

Still think Drinkwater should get the nod for the bench spot though.

Godz Illa

Coach
I like Cook as the bench hooker, over Drinkwater at least. Hopefully he gets more minutes this week - Rein was poor v Tigers

Elias1983

Coach
I'm guessing he is close to returning and is a chance this week...

as always price will his cards close to his chest until game day.

st.phil

Bench
I like Cook as the bench hooker, over Drinkwater at least. Hopefully he gets more minutes this week - Rein was poor v Tigers
Poor? Disagree completely - the kid made one error and was a bit tired off the back of 80 mins against the knights - you did not mention his couple great off loads and cracking defense did you? So ridiculously harsh it's (kind of) humorous. The minute Rein re-entered the field the team regained direction that they lost - Cook is clearly many leagues below Rein and indeed King. I would prefer drinkwater on the bench.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Story with weyman anyone?

- grew up in moruya
- raiders junior
- nicknamed 'horse'
- signed with dragons 2009
- made state of origin and Australian rep whilst with us
- gets injured a lot
- moruya has a statue of him in the main st
- punches above his weight with his missus
- has a premiership ring but doesn't remember winning it
- his favourite band is nickleback

Cagey Mac

Bench
Rein was up against Farah and did okay for the 3/4 of the game that he played
One error and 36 tackles ain't bad for the kid
I think that you were a bit harsh too Godzy

MattYg1

Bench
- grew up in moruya
- raiders junior
- nicknamed 'horse'
- signed with dragons 2009
- made state of origin and Australian rep whilst with us
- gets injured a lot
- moruya has a statue of him in the main st
- punches above his weight with his missus
- has a premiership ring but doesn't remember winning it
- his favourite band is nickleback

:lol::lol:
Muzby earnt the Canstar Troll of the Year Award by trolling opposing teams supporters just as much as he trolls his own kind here and on the Jubilee Ave Forum

Godz Illa

Coach
Poor? Disagree completely - the kid made one error and was a bit tired off the back of 80 mins against the knights - you did not mention his couple great off loads and cracking defense did you? So ridiculously harsh it's (kind of) humorous. The minute Rein re-entered the field the team regained direction that they lost - Cook is clearly many leagues below Rein and indeed King. I would prefer drinkwater on the bench.
Rein took some terrible options, and his service from dummy half at times was worse than Dean Young quality (I loved Deano btw). The offloads are nice, but from memory they were both thrown after being slow out of the ruck and being caught by markers.
He's a quality dummy half but he can't play the 80 - I agree the Knights game affected him - which is why I want Cook to get more than the 12 minutes or whatever it was against the Togers

Old_Timer

Juniors
Rein took some terrible options, and his service from dummy half at times was worse than Dean Young quality......

Now which Rein are we talking about here Godz Illa? The slack one on Santa's slay, or the one that has been putting in a whole hearted performance for our team, week in week out, far above what he should have to do?

In Rein, I see an old fashioned boots and all, no frills, honest hooker, who is carrying our team, whilst our show pony (King) is on R&R.