What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZAC Test Tickets Sales

langpark

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Have not made my mind up whether to go or not. I will see both teams and decide probally a day or so before kickoff. If hodges does not play I can't see myself going. It will come down to what I am doing tht day.

Me too, it'll be a disgrace if Hodges isn't picked, and if preference goes to someone who is about to turn his back on the game. I aint paying to see a bunch of NSW show ponies who don't deserve to be there

magpie_man

Juniors
it'll be a joke if hodges isn't picked. by my calculations there should be at least five queenslanders in there:

Hodges
Lockyer
Civoniceva
Price
Thurston

yakstorm

First Grade
From Ticketek.com.au

Availability:
cat 1 licenced Alloc. Exhausted
cat 2 licenced Available
cat 3 licenced Available
cat 4 unlicenced Available
cat 5 licenced Available
cat 6 unlicenced Available
roo crew support bay Available

Positive to see the best seats are sold out already

carlnz

Bench
Mad Butcher was on TV last night saying that tickets sales have been poor even though this is the biggest promotion they have ever done for a Test Match.

knights 2004

Juniors
looks like brisbane public is waiting for the team to be picked before they decide whether to go or not.

and to be fair, i believe hodges should be picked, not just to help ticket sales, but because he is a form centre, and another centre probably wont even continue playing rugby league, so why should we invest in him?
and if mini is injured we might even see the lockyer fullback thurston 5/8 happen, which would also be good for ticket sales

Dakink

Bench
looks like brisbane public is waiting for the team to be picked before they decide whether to go or not.

I dont really believe that - they will, as usual, leave it to the last minute to get tickets.

I hope we get a decent turn out despite the minimal marketing and debate of selections. If QLD'ers are that fickle that they wont support a team wearing the green and gold just because a player they like doesnt get chosen - my opinion of the QLD fans will drop markedly.

Edit just got mine up to about 23k as of yesterday.

Bay 331 Roo Crew here we come!

salivor

First Grade
Razor said:
Thurston, and Sing are the only 2 QLD players that deserve to get in. And Sing has retired from rep football.

They shouldn't just pick players because they want more QLDers in the team. And think of the players who'll be thinking "I don't deserve this, I only got in because I'm a QLDer" - it's happened before. Take a look at Carlaw and Meyers. Good average 1st graders, nothing more, but because they wanted Broncos in the team, they were picked. It ruined their careers, it turned them from good average first graders into average resever graders. Because they knew they didn't deserve the honour, so it totally affected their entire career. Ruined them mentally.

And if they pick QLDers so there is an even representation in the team why not pick Matt Peterson so WA has a player in the team as well?

Hodges, Petero anyone? Oh thats right, they're Broncos players, a no no for any Razor selected side.

As for the rest of your drivel, when was this big push for the Australian side to have Broncos players? Let me guess, Chris Anderson has always secretly been a Broncos fan. I wonder if Carlaw and Meyers were also destroyed by being good enough to be selected for Qld. Carlaw and Meyers were like a lot of players that burst on to the scene and touted as the next big thing only to fail to live up to the hype after a few good seasons, had nothing to do with their selection for Australia which at the time their form warranted.

Razor said:
Sold out.

I didn't say the Brisbane game wouldn't sell out. I said if the Brisbane public boycot the game which the Broncos members on this forum say they are going to do, they won't get another one.

So if the game was in Sydney it would be sold out. Now I've heard it all, please tell us the crowd figures in Sydney over the years? Have they even hit 30k yet? The crowds have been pathetic in Sydney, they took it to Brisbane last year and finally got a decent crowd.

BTW it is only one Broncos member who has said they will boycott, but way to go trying to peddle your anti-Broncos rubbish as usual.

Razor said:
There hasn't been a test in Brisbane for years

I could've sworn that the Anzac test was held in Brisbane last year.

langpark

First Grade
In the end it'll be close to the same as last years crowd, 40,000 - unless there are 2 or less Qld'ers selected. Had there not been all this speculation about a huge Qld snub, it would have gone close to selling out

lockyno1

Post Whore
knights 2004 said:

and to be fair, i believe hodges should be picked, not just to help ticket sales, but because he is a form centre, and another centre probably wont even continue playing rugby league, so why should we invest in him?
and if mini is injured we might even see the lockyer fullback thurston 5/8 happen, which would also be good for ticket sales
oope
Exactly what I am doing. i will wait till the teams are announced. If Hodges plays I will go, if he doesn't then I have better things to do than watch Cooper play thank you very much. I can watch Locky on TV every week anyway. It comes down to selections for me.:)

Dakink

Bench
lockyno1 said:
oope
Exactly what I am doing. i will wait till the teams are announced. If Hodges plays I will go, if he doesn't then I have better things to do than watch Cooper play thank you very much. I can watch Locky on TV every week anyway. It comes down to selections for me.:)

You sir are a wanker, I would go the Australian Test game no matter how many of the players from my home state were selected or not. I am there to support Australia not QLD, how pathetic that you would let state rivalries get in the way of your country. Your are a pale excuse for a supporter. I hated Wally Lewis with a passion, but when he strapped n the Green and Gold I cheered him just as loudly as any of the other players. Ditto Gorden Tallis, I hated what he did to the Dragons, but loved him in the Grren and Gold.

ali

Bench
I couldn't agree more Dakink.

On another note, if we can get through the weekend with confirmation that Marshall, SBW and Johns are all playing then hopefully they'll sell a lot of tickets next week. Who cares about the biased QLDers, fill the stadiums with open minded supporters and ex pat Kiwis.

However, this whole stupiod media circus we go through every time there is a test team selected needs to end. The first thing we can do is hire a coach is not affiliated with any club. We need a nuetral national coach.

My prediction is assuming there is no Thurston and Hodges, we'll have 35000 sold by the end of the week and with a fine night predicted, we'll get 40000.

Still, it's not good enough and if I was the ARL / NRL, I'd holding a post mortem into how they can't sell out stadiums for test matches.

yakstorm

First Grade
With 24,000 tickets being confirmed as being sold already a week out from the Test (as report in Friday's Courier Mail), we are acctually better placed than we were this time last year.

Last year only 30,400 tickets had been sold prior to game day (Thursday close of trade) and less than 20K had been sold a week out. So, provided ticket sales move in roughly the same pattern this year as last, things are still looking alright.

45K would be optimum.

ali

Bench
yakstorm said:
With 24,000 tickets being confirmed as being sold already a week out from the Test (as report in Friday's Courier Mail), we are acctually better placed than we were this time last year.

Last year only 30,400 tickets had been sold prior to game day (Thursday close of trade) and less than 20K had been sold a week out. So, provided ticket sales move in roughly the same pattern this year as last, things are still looking alright.

45K would be optimum.

Well I was just looking back at old threads, and with 6 days to go you said we had sold 23K, and with 5 days to go someone posted that a paper had reported 30000 as sold. So we are not much ahead. But at least the anticipation of a contest is higher, and the weather forecast is good. However how the QLD media reacts to the selections is my greatest concern. If all things go well maybe we can crack 46000, but I suspect around 41-42000 will show up.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dakink said:
You sir are a wanker, I would go the Australian Test game no matter how many of the players from my home state were selected or not. I am there to support Australia not QLD, how pathetic that you would let state rivalries get in the way of your country. Your are a pale excuse for a supporter. I hated Wally Lewis with a passion, but when he strapped n the Green and Gold I cheered him just as loudly as any of the other players. Ditto Gorden Tallis, I hated what he did to the Dragons, but loved him in the Grren and Gold.

Thing is mate is that although I like seeing other players and that includes some NSW players, I hardly have much time at the moment. As a result I will go when I want to. I have a new baby to take care of and that is the no1 priority in my life. So in other words, I would only bother to go if Hodges ends up being picked, as he is outside Locky as it would give me a reason for a night out. I like watching that combination. I know quite a few people around who are like this, not just me.

langpark

First Grade
I agree with ya man, don't let them bother ya, they'll never understand, they're a bunch of self centred wankers, ignore em

langpark

First Grade
You nsw androtops (ali & dakink) have alot of nerve to critisise the qld public for 'considering not going, you guys get the good matches, (tri nations) and only get 28,000! So don't talk to us about not supporting international matches. Why do you think the ARL chose Brisbane!? Coz we show up in big numbers!

legend

Coach
Hodges will probably be suspended for his dangerous throw last night. After seeing it on the footy show, he has a case to answer IMO and will be very lucky to beat the charge.