What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Api

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m happy api missed out.. He’s got nothing to prove. I don’t think he needs all that intensity right now with the possibility of injury and the drama of it all unravelling for nsw..if it does.. I’m happy for Nicho.. I don’t watch Cronulla or in fact many teams lately but if anyone deserves the chance to bury some origin demons that he had no right to have to deal with, it’s him

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Disappointed for Api, but happy for the team, we need him more than ever.
I reckon he lost out due to our terrible performances as a team.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. Is Api carrying an injury ? Add in that Madge was looking for a 'Kenny type' hooker, one who doesn't create as such, but just gives good quick service. A hooker that can and does play 80 mins, A good defender too. Because of Api's size he's often left grabbing at air against some big forwards.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I don’t think apis been as good this year. Playing injured and in a poor under performing team has taken its toll on him. Every press conference the guy looks completely spent. The best half we’ve played in the past 8 weeks was the first half against the dogs when Simpkin played.

nothing against Api, it’s more so everything else that’s effecting his performance as opposed to him not being great.

Das Hassler

Bench
I don’t think apis been as good this year. Playing injured and in a poor under performing team has taken its toll on him. Every press conference the guy looks completely spent. The best half we’ve played in the past 8 weeks was the first half against the dogs when Simpkin played.

nothing against Api, it’s more so everything else that’s effecting his performance as opposed to him not being great.

Agree totally....I hope " the challenge" continues to win over exhaustion of spirit

Das Hassler

Bench
Well next year we will/ should have a 4 star spine plus hopefully a new pair of starting edge forwards..the water hole in the distance Api would be thirsting for...I'd also be giving Douehi a fair shot at right centre if he stays...he should be well and truly back in shape and he has gone well there..i believe he's still worth a fair contract...a few hundred K IMO but his only spot could be at centre...I could see him giving some really good service to Turuva

WA Tiger

Bench
Api’s shit pass alone could have precluded his selection.. I think Madge is onto something with this team. A bag of tricks and an at times 2/10 pass from Api is not part of the plan. He had a much improved passing game against NQ, but too late. For origin at least, but not for our season..Thanks Madge.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Well next year we will/ should have a 4 star spine plus hopefully a new pair of starting edge forwards..the water hole in the distance Api would be thirsting for...I'd also be giving Douehi a fair shot at right centre if he stays...he should be well and truly back in shape and he has gone well there..i believe he's still worth a fair contract...a few hundred K IMO but his only spot could be at centre...I could see him giving some really good service to Turuva
True he’s like a 6 at centre…but only if there’s an obvious gap which there may not be. I’d stay with 150 k coz he’s a medical liability and unproven.

Last edited:

Latest posts