What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

arana taumata

Charlie124

First Grade
f**k ill be annoyed if this is true. I really thought he had cleaned up his act and gone a long way towards cementing his spot in the team for our new look club next year. I still think he would have made the number 6 his own ahead of Thompson, either way i was eager to see the competition for spots.

Really really f**ken disappointed in him if this is true, such a wasted talent.

Talanexor

Juniors
I agree he's a talented player, though I saw more promise in the centres than at five-eighth. But definitely a player I want to hang onto.

If he has gotten into trouble again, that's pretty well it for his footy career. He's been sacked by half the clubs in the comp, he's definitely got the 'damaged goods' stamp by now.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
can you add anything more than that?

seems to be a lot of people who "know something" but nobody can provide any sort of details or even vague ideas of what happened.

Noa

First Grade
I dont know what, if anything, is happening behind the scenes, I do know that Arana has been exemplary since he left Melbourne.

Charlie124

First Grade
I dont know what, if anything, is happening behind the scenes, I do know that Arana has been exemplary since he left Melbourne.

Not to sound rude or anything but the bolded part kind of dirrectly contradicts the un-bolded part. If you dont know what (if anything) is happening behind the scenes, then how could you possibly know that Arana has been exemplary since he left Melbourne??

Noa

First Grade
Well an aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sister told me he's been very good since he left. I take an interest because I liked him when he was here and wouldnt mind him back.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
COWBOYS pivot Arana Taumata has requested a release from his contract with the Cowboys effective immediately to return to Sydney.

Taumata and his girlfriend have struggled with the relocation to Townsville which has lead to the 21-year-old’s manager formalizing a release from his contract.

“We spoke to the club last week and formalized it yesterday,” said his manager Sam Ayoub.

“He hasn’t settled in and his girlfriend wasn’t happy so we asked for a release, it’s pretty straight forward,” Ayoub said.

Cowboys football operations manager Peter Parr told nospam23.com.au the play maker's problems are a private matter and will not be discussed publicly.

“We’re in a process with his manager at the moment. It’s been no secret he’s struggled here," said Parr.

"The issue is of a personal nature and I’m a bit surprised anyone knows about it.

“We hope we will have it sorted out in the next few days,” he said.

However, Ayoub told nospam23.com.au that the young gun has two Sydney based NRL sides chasing his signature and his future will be known within the next two days.

“We’re close to finalizing something in the next 48 hours,” he said.

Considering the background of Wellington-born Taumata, it would be easy to speculate his release was granted due to disciplinary reasons, however Ayoub and Parr said that’s the furthest thing from the truth.

“As far as I’m aware he hasn’t done anything wrong,” said Parr.

“This is personal not disciplinary.”

Once Taumata’s future is announced, it will be his seventh NRL club in six years having been sacked from the Roosters, Bulldogs, Broncos and Storm.

He joined the Wests Tigers this year training with the first-grade side but playing for NSW Cup team Balmain Ryde before joining the Cowboys.

http://www.nospam23.com.au/articles/2010/09/14/taumata-released-from-cowboys/

Good to hear it isn't about his discipline. Good luck to him.

macnaz

Staff member
Wonder which clubs are interested ? Manly & sharks maybe ... just guessing

BOMAR

Juniors
Wow you guys are very understanding. Sacked from everyclub he's been at, you guys give him a life line, shows some form and then wants out. No doubt to bigger and better things. Obviously he dosnt think he owes the cowboys anything.

Charlie124

First Grade
Wow you guys are very understanding. Sacked from everyclub he's been at, you guys give him a life line, shows some form and then wants out. No doubt to bigger and better things. Obviously he dosnt think he owes the cowboys anything.

Its a shame but theres no point in keeping a player who doesnt want to be there. Although i find it very strange that he has asked for a release when he only signed on for the rest of the 2010 season anyway, wouldnt that make him off contract and therefor not needing an immediate release?? Something tells me there is more to this than just a case of not being happy.

The line from Parr about "It’s been no secret he’s struggled here" puzzled me too. He's been in the form of his career up in Townsville, unless Parr was talking about him struggling off the field, in which case i dont see how it could be "no secret".

hmmmm.

elyod138

Bench
Although i find it very strange that he has asked for a release when he only signed on for the rest of the 2010 season anyway, wouldnt that make him off contract and therefor not needing an immediate release?? Something tells me there is more to this than just a case of not being happy.

He signed for 2010 and 2011.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
you think???

If you are hinting at the fact that he was released because of disciplinary reasons, then why are Sydney clubs wanting him. It was obvious that if he got sacked from the Cows for disciplinary reasons then his NRL career was over.