What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

arana taumata

beave

Coach
I call BS on this, why the hell wasn't he played in the last few games of the season??

beave

Coach
If you are hinting at the fact that he was released because of disciplinary reasons, then why are Sydney clubs wanting him. It was obvious that if he got sacked from the Cows for disciplinary reasons then his NRL career was over.

cough Carney cough............... you honestly think Sydney clubs, or any clubs for that matter really give a $hit about off field dramas???? They would want him regardless, don't think otherwise for a second.

Charlie124

First Grade
He signed for 2010 and 2011.
My bad, i could have sworn he was only signed for the remainder of the season and we would see where we go from there.

Either way it still seems a bit suss to me, with him completely disappearing from all levels of footy for the last few weeks despite us being in desperate need for halves. I cant imagine that he could be sooo 'unhappy' all of a sudden that he couldnt bring himself to even take the field, with no word from the club.

Anyway, its all said and done now and i wish him all the best with which ever club picks him up next, tallented guy.

BDR

First Grade
That's a real shame... you'd think it's the end of his NRL career though, unless another club saw something in his few games for us. If I were in position I would just gut it out for the year and do everything he could to make it work.

Hard to see him get on board with another club after only playing for a handful of years

Talanexor

Juniors
After watching young Morgan last night, I'm now convinced that we need a more established five-eighth at the club, at least for a year or two.

Morgan is talented but so many of his fifth tackle options were poor. They just lacked polish. If he's the first choice backup to Thurston and Thompson, we're in trouble.

Charlie124

First Grade
Im hoping we're still looking for a top line half to partner Thurston, with Thompson as backup or supersub off the bench.

mrpwnd

Bench
Its a shame but theres no point in keeping a player who doesnt want to be there. Although i find it very strange that he has asked for a release when he only signed on for the rest of the 2010 season anyway, wouldnt that make him off contract and therefor not needing an immediate release?? Something tells me there is more to this than just a case of not being happy.

The line from Parr about "It’s been no secret he’s struggled here" puzzled me too. He's been in the form of his career up in Townsville, unless Parr was talking about him struggling off the field, in which case i dont see how it could be "no secret".

hmmmm.
Hey mate mind if I take your Carl Webb sig?
Seeing as he'll be a Parra boy next year anyway.