What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

Now lets re-iterate the facts for the simpletons on this board.

That was not counted as a St George Dragons win, they are an extinct team.

That was counted as the maiden premiership for St George-Illawarra Dragons.

Aside from some unfunny troll comments from Dragons fans I have seen zero comments that refute this undisputable fact.

Once again Dragons fans please show me how St George-Illawarra have won a premiership prior to Sunday.........

You have not and this is your maiden premiership.....

I am sorry that your club sold out to become St Merge but it is time you woke up and smelt the coffee.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Well said.

Quite frankly I can't see how anyone could argue against that. But I suspect some will try.

The unfortunate thing is that there are decent Easts supporters who are accepting of the result and looking forward to next year. To them, I dip my hat.

But there are others, including fringe dwellers from other clubs, who are chucking tanties and blaming the ref. They embarass themselves more than anything, but must also be making some of their fellow supporters cringe.

I agree, discussion like this is making the reasonable and logical Roosters supporters look bad. I just cannot fathom how losing by 24, any fan can blame anyone else other than their own team. It's one thing to be one-eyed, it's another to be completely delusional.

They were completely dominated in every key stat, there wasn't even anything remotely close. Sure there were a few dodgy calls in the game, but a little dignity wouldn't go astray. Roosters should have put way more on us in the first half if they were dominating like some people are suggesting, and they certainly should have defended a lot better than they did in the 2nd half.

Rexxy

Coach
ATTENTION BARRON

Are you mentally deficient?repeating something over and over doesnt make it true. Again I AM CALLING YOU OUT and asking you to answer my post.

"You asked for evidence and I posted a link to the abc, australias most trusted media source. Now I will add that NRL approved merchandise says Est 1921. The ball is now in your court to find evidence to back your claim. I'm calling you out as someone who talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk.

Refute the NRL saying set 1921 or shut the f**k up"

taxidriver

Coach
hey baron, did a team with the words "st george" and "dragons" in its name, playing in a white jumper with a red v, who plays home games at kogorah just win the comp?

i'm pretty sure they have in the past too.

cheers

taxidriver

Coach
dri-a-2008-trc.jpg

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Aside from some unfunny troll comments from Dragons fans I have seen zero comments that refute this undisputable fact.

Once again Dragons fans please show me how St George-Illawarra have won a premiership prior to Sunday.........

I am sorry that your club sold out to become St Merge but it is time you woke up and smelt the coffee.
1 or 16, it doesn't matter, we won the premiership this year, but thank you for your concern about how we as a fanbase look back on our history.

skeepe

Immortal

The NRL began in 1998. Do we wipe out all history prior simply because it was the merger of two now-technically-defunct competitions?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
The NRL began in 1998. Do we wipe out all history prior simply because it was the merger of two now-technically-defunct competitions?

Yes, and NSWRL championships before the expansion to QLD did not count either.

Currently the Bronco's have the most championships with 3. The other guys either have 1 or 0.

It's a pretty interesting stat considering the NRL claims to have existed since 1908

Once again, people are providing the evidence that St George Dragons previously won comps. Congrats and 1998 was a sad day that one of Australias greatest ever sporting teams died.

I dont see any record of St George-Illawarra winning premierships or even existing prior to 12 years ago.

If somebody can please show me the evidence of St George-Illawarra prior to 1998 I'll happily retract all my statements and even give Willow and Gregstar a foot massage.

Until then you are all wrong and telling lies.

skeepe

Immortal
Once again, people are providing the evidence that St George Dragons previously won comps.

No, I am providing evidence that merged entities retain the history of the the organisations that it contains. A perfectly valid reason for the premierships won by the St George Dragons to be a part of the history of the St George-Illawarra Dragons

Congrats and 1998 was a sad day that one of Australias greatest ever sporting teams died.

Bloody long day. I'm also not 100% sure that I'd call the Hunter Mariners or South Queensland Crushers one of Australia's greatest ever sporting teams, but each to their own. They were the only teams to have participated in a 1997 season that did not take part in 1998.

I dont see any record of St George-Illawarra winning premierships or even existing prior to 12 years ago.

If somebody can please show me the evidence of St George-Illawarra prior to 1998 I'll happily retract all my statements and even give Willow and Gregstar a foot massage.

Until then you are all wrong and telling lies.

The evidence has already been given, it is only your own sheer stupidity preventing you from acknowledging it. Being from Newcastle though, that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

skeepe

Immortal
Provide evidence that the Newcastle Knights have won more than 1 premiership in the NRL.

He can't.

Going by his logic, this is how the premiership tallies stack up in the NRL for each club:

Broncos 3
Storm 1
Knights 1
Roosters 1
Panthers 1
Bulldogs 1
Tigers 1
Sea Eagles 1
Dragons 1
Souths 0
Eels 0
Raiders 0
Titans 0
Warriors 0
Cowboys 0
Sharks 0

again in case you missed it

dri-a-2008-trc.jpg

LOL, show me what you want.

But you need to show me that the St George-Illawarra Dragons won premierships prior to Sunday.

A badge doesnt show sh*t, if I get a badge for the worlds biggest biceps does that automatically mean I have the worlds biggest biceps?

Seriously SHOW ME! until then you are all liars.

Rodent

Bench
Bad referee calls impact on all teams in all games. The better defensive teams are better equipped to negate them. At 34:26 Creagh has the ball illegally punched out after a completed tackle on Saints 32m line. Instead of attacking the Roosters line in the back end of the 1st half they are forced to defend unfairly. If their defence was inferior and they conceded points they would have a valid gripe. The Roosters are only in a position to whinge because they weren't good enough to overcome adversity. Their defence just wasn't up to the task.
Hornby diffused a great bomb at the end of that illegitimate set with a magnificent take. Hornby WAS good enough.
On the next Roosters set they put up a bomb that Nightingale knocks back which then bounces forward to Gasnier. It should have been play on but the Roosters got the feed 12m out with 2 minutes to go. Saints again were too good defensively.
The Roosters did not have the mettle to overcome any bad calls. They were too weak defensively.

Latest posts