What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are India #1?

ozzie

Bench
ozbash said:
oz won the world cup by default,, india were the better team but like nz they were honourable till the end.

i think mr waugh could been seen to finish as a loser. :-#

I think they need the great man to return from the wilderness.

could you please explain this - Australia in the WC undefeated and won the final by over 100 runs - - geez we were lucky...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ozbash said:
oz won the world cup by default,, india were the better team but like nz they were honourable till the end.

Which world cup were you watching ?

aqua_duck

Coach
I think the fact that India have been able to score heavily against us may indicate one thing, we're missing our frontline bowlers, this also didn't help when both Gillespie and Williams picked up injuries in the last test, so effectively you got the top 5 bowlers either injured or suspended which would cause a problem for any team.

cheese

Bench
bahaha at the kiwis trying to claim india as #1

According to your theory, seeing asthough the socceroos beat england once this year, then that puts them in the top couple of teams in the world.

what a load of crap ......india are woefully inconsistent. They dont have the ticker or determination to be considered #1. You only had to watch them in action against australia A today to know that. Their fielding and concentration was terrible ........Their "captain" was dismissed by one of the most nothing strokes in test batting history. The Australian A fielders made india look like they were playing for Sutherland B's. Husseys runout was sensational, and our 8th string boweler in Nicholson managed to go for just over 1 an over for 22 overs(13 maidens, 4 wickets) against your "best team in the world"

Kudos to dravid and laxman though ......they batted sensationally in the 1st test. But every batsmen has their day .........lets see how they go in melbourne.................In recent years, Mick Vaughn has been the only bloke who has really been able to take us to the cleaners on successive occasions. I hope for the sake of the game though, that dravid and laxman can continure their form.

My tip is .....Australia will win the toss, bat once .........end of game

Doctor

Bench
aqua_duck said:
we're missing our frontline bowlers, this also didn't help when both Gillespie and Williams picked up injuries in the last test, so effectively you got the top 5 bowlers either injured or suspended which would cause a problem for any team.

The equation for losing a match is right here, with an Oswin supplement.

What Aqua_Duck said + India's 1st innings recovery + Australia's poor batting display in the second innings = Indian Test victory.

We haven't lost the series, although depending on how well they play we may well lose it after all.

I for one am not like a Kiwi who lets one Test match dictate rankings ;-) I'll let the overall performances in several series determine that.

Anonymous

Juniors
bahaha at the kiwis trying to claim india as #1

I'm a Kiwi and I don't know why of us would want to claim India as no.1.

As a Kiwi I'm proud that our team is (rightly) no.3, and am offended by the claim that the Indians, despite regular poor performances and a (rightful) ranking of 7, are better than us.

DRRRAGONS

Juniors
Australia have been number one for many years now, followed closely by South Africa who seemed to have just lost it a little, the thrashing Austrlalia gave them over there was proof how good australia are.

India showed how good they are at home on their conditions by beating Australia but they are only the number one team on home soil their away record is pathetic compared to any other top nations.

Australia have been so good it has been boring, Waugh's captains record

played 56 won 40 lost 9

I dont know if anyone has a better record then that, definately not in recent itmes

Latest posts