What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Kyle Feldt's kickoffs against the spirit of the game?

gitano

Juniors
For mine Rugby League hasn't needed this nonsense for 100 years.

Ban the super high kicking tee. I'm not saying bring back the sand bucket, but the team that just scores a try deserves the ball back.

In saying that, it's the Cowboys most likely try scoring play.

It isn't against any rules but for mine it's against what Rugby League is about.

Thoughts?

T-Boon

Coach
Kickoffs and drop outs in general are not utilised enough as an attacking option in my opinion.

The 20m tap especially. If a 1st grade player can’t kick the ball into touch after touching the ground from the centre of the 20 and get it up to atleast halfway they are not having a go.

No one EVER tries it.

True, but why bother trying when you can just lug it up for 7 with zero risk? That is the problem with 10 metres. Why bother taking any risks?

tumbidragon

First Grade
As someone mentioned in the Dragons forum, they're OP and are in need of nerfing. Really ruins the balance of the game haha!
Seriously though, you'd almost never take a penalty goal in fear of dropping the kick return.

T-Boon

Coach
Ban the super high kicking tee. I'm not saying bring back the sand bucket, but the team that just scores a try deserves the ball back.

It isn't against any rules but for mine it's against what Rugby League is about.

Thoughts?

I haven't seen any NQ games this season so I haven't seen it.
Every game I have watch has had the exact same kick off on repeat. Caught by the 7 left of goal posts, offloads to fat bastard, tackled on 20m. Blah,blah, blah, bomb from half way.
Some variety sounds good.

True, but why bother trying when you can just lug it up for 7 with zero risk? That is the problem with 10 metres. Why bother taking any risks?
It’s very little risk though. Wingers don’t ever drop back, it’s doesnt even need to be a drop kick just kick the f**ker into touch for 30 metres and have a set of 6 from halfway.

This thread should be put on a kicking tee( with the gimp who started it)& Feldt should boot it straight towards the nearest shithouse.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I legit thought this was a troll thread. But OP is actually serious.

So no. I think the kick offs are fantastic. Why would we want to ban something which adds variability? Kick offs are predictable enough already.