What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Melbourne finished?

Wizardman

First Grade
For the first time in well over a decade, I have counted the Storm out this early in the season. After the rep season, life will only get harder for this group. Cam Smith and Billy Slater are still class...but, they have lost something. The backs are ok, but the real problem is their pack...they are just not upto it.

Diesel

Coach
They're definetly on the decline, but the Warriors have been improving over the last few weeks

Apey

Staff member
If the thread title was phrased as a statement rather than a question I'd have them in the top 4. Hard to say, but I think they'll bounce back much like Souths and Roosters will/have been.

Tayjack

Juniors
For the first time in well over a decade, I have counted the Storm out this early in the season. After the rep season, life will only get harder for this group. Cam Smith and Billy Slater are still class...but, they have lost something. The backs are ok, but the real problem is their pack...they are just not upto it.

I think there is something not quite right, but it is hardly their forwards, they have held their own this year, it is clearly their backs. I don't think they realise what a loss Gareth widdop was to be honest. Smith, Bromwich, Procter, etc have all been good. It is the centres, cronk and slater that haven't found any polish so far. I just think they are ageing and the way they have trained and played for 10 or so years is starting to take a toll.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Their spine players appear to be having trouble linking with their backs. They look slow. Their time is coming.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
The new interpretations are killing them. They have got by in the past by having plodders like Norrie and Clint Newtown and having 4 guns. They're down to 3 guns and the plodders like hinchcliffe are nothing if they can't slow down the ruck.

As for smith f**k me he's overrated. Played behind dominant packs his entire career, if he played in an ordinary side he'd be thought of as a rich man's Glenn Buttriss. Farah will be a revelation this year now he finally has a dominant pack

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They are on their last legs, the new rule interpretations and the fact the big 3 cheats are 30 and not what they were is hurting them. It's a great day for RL.

Fazz_138

Juniors
The Warriors generally play well against The Storm in big matches, so its tough to say after that game alone. Based on the entire season, I'm not going to say they are finished. I definitely think they've slowed down significantly, but they're a good chance to make the 8. Maybe even the top 4 with some luck. No team has looked OMG AMAZING every week this year, so it is a fairly open comp as well.

If Smith or Cronk go down with an injury for 4-6 weeks though...things could get ugly.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I think they are gone.

May scape into the 8 but will be out Week 1.

Warriors played well though, and are a scarier proposition this year then the Storm

northwest9

Juniors
Yes

Tip the sharks before you tip the storm

Slater couldn't catch a cold. Dead set gone

With slater gone, smith and cronk at their career end, expect a spoonfest

The club will be gone by 2020

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Harder to tackle when you don't get 6 in every tackle and lie on the player for 12 seconds a tackle. Like I said their shit players are being found out. The new interpretations are exposing the plodders for what they are. Origin coming up as well ....

thorson1987

Coach
Interpretations have nothing to do with it.

Our first contact is f**king abysmal and we let too many offloads go

Latest posts