What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Melbourne finished?

stryker

First Grade
Put Grant, Finucane, Kaufusi and Papenmerkin back in that side that played last night, hell, even Brenko Lee, and they'll take some beating at the business end of the season.

Just on the Cheese... I really don't see him as a hooker. His service is very ordinary. I'm sure Barrett/Dogs and any other club looking to sign him are serenading him by saying he'll be their first choice 9, but I think his future is as a 13. Will he keep looking to get out of his contract if a coach moves him from the hooker position?
If he listened to Bellamy, He would turn into a shithot 13.

The_Frog

First Grade
Put Grant, Finucane, Kaufusi and Papenmerkin back in that side that played last night, hell, even Brenko Lee, and they'll take some beating at the business end of the season.
Re Grant: You can't put a bloke back in the side who has never been in the side.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah Grant will make a big difference. Its no Cameron Smith but his service is better than Brandon's.

SBD82

Coach
Yes mate I think I did.

And my reply wasn’t mean to be critical. Just that I can see bored journos looking at this age old question to work angles on.

I just watched a replay of last nights’ game they were showing at the pub. In Adelaide mind you. Geez it was a cracker. These two teams belong at the top of the tree, along with a couple of others, then there’s a gargantuan chasm to the rest of the field. Early days of course and who knows was injuries may befall clubs...

I just wish a team like mine could keep going like the Storm seem to be able to do year after year. Doesn’t matter who’s in those jerseys they just find a way to compete every season n win more than they lose.
My post was mocking myself, and all the other people who have also written off the Storm in the past. Including the journos.

I was dumb enough to write them off in the past. Repeatedly. And they made me look like a moron every time. I’m not prepared to make that mistake again.

stormbati

Bench
Am I the only one that thinks they will only get better? It's round 3 with two close away losses to two of the best and a win against another heavyweight.
A bit like the restart of last year's comp where everyone thought they were done after a couple of losses.

My post was mocking myself, and all the other people who have also written off the Storm in the past. Including the journos.

I was dumb enough to write them off in the past. Repeatedly. And they made me look like a moron every time. I’m not prepared to make that mistake again.

Haha. You’re not alone mate. They aren’t exactly gonna put a “Melbourne storm doubter” in a museum exhibit as a rare species...

On the subject, I heard recently that the worst Cameron Munster has finished a season (with the Storm) in his career is final 4... ridiculous.

The_Frog

First Grade
They've had 3 tough games. They'll cruise past the Broncos next week and then the test comes with the Roosters.

Valheru

Coach
Lol one of those who talked their big players down in 2014...
Also, lol that they have no strike power in positions 2-5 JAC says hello and added to their gun fullback, gun 5/8 and potentially gun hooker, very good half and tough pack, they will be fine.

And I was wrong in 2014, it happens. Actually in the case of 2014 itself they finished 6th and were bundled out by the dogs in week 1 so we weren't too far off the mark for that specific season.

JAC is a finisher and a very good one, I doubt any storm fan would say he has x-factor like say a Sivo.

I maintain their 2-5 is a massive weak point, perhaps I will be proven wrong.

I recognised their FB and 5/8 are elite. We don't know what Grant is yet and I disagree that Hughes is very good, he is getting found out massively without Smith IMO.

Their pack is very good, agreed.

I'm not saying I have them as also rans just not automatic prelim hosts like they have been. I put them 4th or 5th best at the moment, where do you rank them?

moffla

Bench
Haha. You’re not alone mate. They aren’t exactly gonna put a “Melbourne storm doubter” in a museum exhibit as a rare species...

On the subject, I heard recently that the worst Cameron Munster has finished a season (with the Storm) in his career is final 4... ridiculous.
Pretty much correct! Played just one game in 2014 so can't count that season.

Been in prelims or better since 2015 (his breakout season) to now

Exsilium

First Grade
No. They’re talented and have the ability to push teams to the very limit.

Are they going to have to fight harder to win? Yes.

They have good systems down there and I’d be confident that when Bellamy leaves, they’ll continue on as normal with subtle changes to suit any new coaches.

Silent Knight

First Grade
No. They’re talented and have the ability to push teams to the very limit.

Are they going to have to fight harder to win? Yes.

They have good systems down there and I’d be confident that when Bellamy leaves, they’ll continue on as normal with subtle changes to suit any new coaches.

They can have Kevvie when he’s done returning the Broncos to greatness.

jk13

First Grade
It will b interesting to see with smith gone, whether bellys ranting will start rubbing players the wrong way. I for one hope so

Latest posts