What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Painkillers Performance Enhancing Drugs?

Danish

Referee
Yes that is correct.

If I inject any athletes at work, we need an exemption form completed and then approval before we go do it.

Just an FYI and to be pedantic, cortisone isn’t used anymore. Pretty sure they don’t make it.

Really? I wasn’t aware of that.

Has it been replaced with something else now? I’m sure I’ve read about players getting cortisone injections at various points in the last couple years, but it may just be a colloquial term these days and the injections are something else.

Really? I wasn’t aware of that.

Has it been replaced with something else now? I’m sure I’ve read about players getting cortisone injections at various points in the last couple years, but it may just be a colloquial term these days and the injections are something else.

I just did a quick internet search, and cortisone is still made and used. However as this brief article states, any athlete which is subject to WADA testing (which the NRL is part of) must seek a therapeutic use exemption (TUE), including supporting documents from a physician before they can be given a cortisone injection.

justdave

Juniors
Been thinking about this for years. If you’re incapacitated by an injury and take a drug to get you through a game, yeah, that’s performance enhancing.

But under the rules of the game, I’ve got no problem with it

carcharias

Immortal
Been thinking about this for years. If you’re incapacitated by an injury and take a drug to get you through a game, yeah, that’s performance enhancing.

But under the rules of the game, I’ve got no problem with it

Yep
If you need something to kill the pain so you can play of course it’s performance enhancing.
They all do it.
In 50 years they’ll probably change the rules all together.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Didn’t Sutton get jabbed to come back on the field just for a charity shield match?

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Agreed, but only if we ban Ryles first, relocate Cronulla to Adelaide and chant never heard of the f**ker every time a Kangaroos player touches the ball in an upcoming test.
What about dick pics? And can we all lol@souffs?