What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Souths doing it again

Bench
Last night on sports tonight George Piggins said I quote "You will be surprised come June 30 when we unvail our signings,there will be 3 or 4 big name signings there."
Now how would George know this,there is a anti tampering clause Souths must of broken to acheive this,they have done it before and somehow got away with it announcing signings at 12.01am on 1/7/01.
Surely Souths aren't cheating and surely George is not that stupid to virtually admit they are cheating.If they are they don't have many points to be stripped of,maybe Souths might get a spoon by default this year as the Doggies did in 02,and get that spoon they deserved in 2002.
I am sure other club chief executives will be watching closely Souths movements for the next 6weeks.

I think its probably just wishfull thinking.

Richo has probably told him they'll sign Paul Sculthorpe and Brian carney and thats got george confused.

Richo tells that to every club he goes to! :lol:

DIEHARD

----
851 said:
Last night on sports tonight George Piggins said I quote "You will be surprised come June 30 when we unvail our signings,there will be 3 or 4 big name signings there."
Now how would George know this,there is a anti tampering clause Souths must of broken to acheive this,they have done it before and somehow got away with it announcing signings at 12.01am on 1/7/01.
Surely Souths aren't cheating and surely George is not that stupid to virtually admit they are cheating.If they are they don't have many points to be stripped of,maybe Souths might get a spoon by default this year as the Doggies did in 02,and get that spoon they deserved in 2002.
I am sure other club chief executives will be watching closely Souths movements for the next 6weeks.

Yea pretty much, he is speaking crap.

Unless they are those big name British players we keep hearing about! :lol:

Saint 60

Juniors
Souths apparently have much money to spend...1.7 million was the figure mentioned to me....he is probibly giving fans something to hope for ---- no tampering there.

I hear Easts have big decisions to make..reguarding junior grades, depending on these choices they could be in the market for at least 1 Australian player maybe 2.

just gossip but its going to be interesting come sign up time..

--------------------------------------
I dont gossip but lol

RainMan

Juniors
1.7 million for 3 or 4 "big signings". Thats about right for Souths. I remember Glen Hall was one of their 'big signings' a while back to.

Mr Saab

Referee
Glen Hall, Shane Marteene, and Todd Polglase..all signed like 1-2 days after June 30. What a signing that was for the club

rabs

Staff member
The money is there $2 million apparently, and there is no smoother operator than Richo. Lets hope Ashley Harrison is one of the 'big name signings'

Alba

Coach
yes i agree, we need to keep Ashley. I hope he sticks with us, although i could hardly blame him if he up and left .. i dont think Piggins would have been that stupid if they would hav actually cheated i think that yeh as said above hes just giving the fans something to be hopeful for ... *prays*

rabs said:
The money is there $2 million apparently, and there is no smoother operator than Richo. Lets hope Ashley Harrison is one of the 'big name signings'

You think?

Ever heard of the Gateshead Thunder?

Mr Saab

Referee
rabs said:
there is no smoother operator than Richo.

Richo may have bitten off more than he can chew in this instance. The rabbits are in a mess at the moment.

The_Coach

Juniors
how can the Rabbit's have 1.7 mil to spend? Didn't the NRL bring in a rule last year that you have to have a minimum spend on the your salary cap of like 2.75 mil or something? They kicked up a stink because Manly were saving all their money for a spending spree this year.

tiger_nick

Bench
I find it a bit of a worry Souths saying they have $1.75 mil to spend. What happens if they release all the players they don't want and then can't sign anybody!! They could very well be left with a team worth just on $2 million and much worse then they had this year.

Why do I get the feeling their 'big name signigs' will be Shane Elford and Stuart Kelly?

Mr Saab

Referee
tiger_nick said:
Why do I get the feeling their 'big name signigs' will be Shane Elford and Stuart Kelly?

i will pay that! good call.
Add to that they will announce they have signed Mitch Creary, Dane Carlaw, and Matai! That will bring the crowds back

Mr Saab

Referee
Russle crowes band said:
ha.
the moment
theyve been a mess for twenty years

well 16 yrs to be exact. (1990-2005) Pre 1990 they were are very competitive club.
I dont know what the way out is for the rabbits. They are just a rabble. They seem like the most unprofessional club in the comp, and its been that way ever since Steve Martin took charge and was sacked in 1998.
They say sport is cyclical and it is, but the rabbits are not part of that cyclical group. I know they were kicked out and they came back in 2002, but they keep saying the rabbits need time. This yr is the 4th yr since the "comeback" but they have shown NO improvement.

Saint 60

Juniors
I remember back in about 1972 (around there) they had to close the leagues club down, they couldnt afford to pay the bar staff...honestly, the directors were working the bars to try and keep the place going :(