What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are The Dragons Relocating?

Marlins

Juniors
I've heard from a few ppl the nrl is in talks with relocating the dragons. Has anyone heard if there's any truth in it.

T-Boon

Coach
It would be cool as the Dragons have many fans that actually live a long way from the suburb of Kogarah (is that even a town?). For that matter is St George even a place?

alien

Referee
I've heard from a few ppl the nrl is in talks with relocating the dragons. Has anyone heard if there's any truth in it.

This is the first I've heard about it. Who have you heard this from? Where did they say they would relocate to? I doubt it would happen, but if it did, Sharks could take over the Illawarra region, and Rabbitohs could take over St George's area.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Guy who owns Win is about to buy them isnt he?
I could see them going 8 games in gong and 4 at the new western sydney stadium maybe but couldnt see them move out of NSW

taipan

Referee
I doubt it,the Dragons as a club despite the current issues,are like the Rabbitohs ,in terms of history and support when they are going well.Flicking them interstate ,would be the biggest gift to the Swans and Gnats.
I'm not a Dragon's fan obviously,but it would open a can of worms.

What may happen if Win buys in ,is have more games down there, Wollongong.
The club need a player and admin overhaul simple as that.Like the Sharks have done,Eels,Tits,and Tigers.

We need Perth ,Banana 2 ,NZ 2 plus another to make a 20 team comp,with Dragons unmoved.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, between SL, PNG, PI, union poaching and actually investing some money to grow the talent pool there is a heap of untapped talent growth opportunities.

The frustrating thing is there is no plan. They could be implementing a 5 -8 year plan now that would give a 3-4 year development plan before new teams are brought in.

As it is there is no plan to grow the foundations for new clubs, there is no plan for new clubs, there seems very little plan for anything!

There was a rumoured story a while back that the boss of WIN would move saints to Adelaide. He'd have them in WIN in SA and WA and promote them and NRL etc.

Just wanted some TV concessions etc I think it was Friday nights but the NRL turned him down.

Im trying to find an old link or story. Was a few years back.

Marlins

Juniors
I the dragons were to move to Adelaide/Perth would they still be called ST.Geroge Dragons if not what would they be called

Sharks need to stay in the shire they don't need any of those merkins anywhere near the south coast.

They are not moving anywhere and Gordon may not buy into the Steelers part of the JV.

If anything they won't be playing anymore games at kogarah.

Too late for relocation, with the NRL being so heartland oriented post super-league war and anti-expanison. Heartland basket-case clubs such as Sharks held the game down from expanding for so long, it's 2016 and by now there should of been teams in WA/Brisbane 2 for a while now.

The team that should of been relocated along time ago is the Roosters instead of the Rams being formed relocate them to Adelaide while have the 'away' games at SFS so it's the best of both worlds. Roosters had all that success the past few years and still couldn't average 20k despite being an 100 year plus club all that time and still no growth.

Also, the best players from the Rams/Mariners squad would of join the Roosters instead of being formed so that would of got a concession of sort.

So ideally, we would of had a truly national competition for 20 years plus by now if that occurred and the likes of Mariners/Rams wouldn't of been formed in the first place and the money from those two clubs can be placed to Western Reds/Adelaide Roosters.