What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the media obsesed with the Dragons..

Yeah they are. Unfortunately some clubs will always make the headlines (Dragons, Eels are prime examples) while others get relatively little coverage (Sharks probably get the worst deal out of the Sydney clubs).

I personally wish we could stay out of the media's focus but it aint gonna change any time soon.

The Preacher

First Grade
It must sell papers or it is good for ratings I suppose.
Personally I'd rather they stayed under the radar, unfortunately our younger players MUST be able to read as they were all thinking all they had to do was turn up last week and the Knights would be beaten.
Reading your own headlines is not good for you when you start believing them.

Parki

Bench
7 stories in each paper

thats reaching a bit tbh

havent they heard the bangladeshis are within a whisker of causing the biggest upset in world sport history?

innsaneink

Referee
Parki said:
7 stories in each paper

thats reaching a bit tbh

havent they heard the bangladeshis are within a whisker of causing the biggest upset in world sport history?

Yes, they have...click the home button...its the main story on that website.

drake

First Grade
Unfortunately it seems so. Whilst I like having a read about my team from time to time, I'd gladly have them fade into the background and just be able to get on with it.

simon says

First Grade
I dont see what the issue is....is it jealousy???

I like reading about Saints,SBW and Marshall....

Better than reading about Souths,Canberra and Matt Petersons hairdo.

sooperdooper

First Grade
simon says said:
I dont see what the issue is....is it jealousy???

I like reading about Saints,SBW and Marshall....

Better than reading about Souths,Canberra and Matt Petersons hairdo.

but there are alot of un needed attention on them!

domdom

Juniors
anything is better than reading about the debarcle at souths.

naturally there's alot of interest in the dragons, arguably they have the most talented playing roster in the comp, but they are having a dodgy start to the season again. a team having a drama like that will have alot of stories blaming the coach, board, players and anyone else who farts in their general direction.

MattJ

Juniors
the media have an obsession with souths and the bulldogs... if anyone farts at these 2 clubs, there is a 2 page spread on it the following day. The majority of the souths stories are to do with someone who has no formal position within the club, its as irritating for souths fans as it is for everyone else to always be reading about the crap going on behind the scenes at souths.

MattJ said:
the media have an obsession with souths and the bulldogs... if anyone farts at these 2 clubs, there is a 2 page spread on it the following day. The majority of the souths stories are to do with someone who has no formal position within the club, its as irritating for souths fans as it is for everyone else to always be reading about the crap going on behind the scenes at souths.

Souths stories are all circus side-show stuff - reporting on the joke that has become Souths Sydney Management. No offence intended, I'm sure many souths fans would agree.

The Dragons stuff is a turn off, and repititious. We're built up one week so we can be torn down again at the earliest opportunity. And if there's a sniff of smoke in the dragons ranks the telegraph does its utmost to pour fuel on the fire. Its like friggin Days O Our Lives and I'm sick to death of it. FFS there's a huge story about how Browny has gone off at the players after the Newcastle debacle - WHAT F$#KING COACH WORTH HIS SALT WOULDN'T DO EXACTLY THE SAME THING!!!?? Where's the earth-shattering newsflash with that?

The Terrorgraph hard at work yet again.

***MH***

Bench
depends on what is happening with each team
Souths : When their winning, Newspaper will print a 10 page spread about their history
Dragons : When their losing, 10 page spread about fans wanting to oust Doust
Bulldogs : When fans misbehave, 10 page spread on how they are a stain on our society
Newcastle : When something happens to Joey, 10 page spread on how they can't function without him
Roosters : When Adrian Morely gets suspended, 10 page spread on why he is the victim
Parramatta : When they win, a 10 page spread on Tim Smith being the next Messiah

Starting to see a pattern here?

cainen

Juniors
I thought I read somewhere that the Dragons have a more lenient media policy than most clubs.

gregstar

Referee
i'd assume that the public would much prefer to hear about covell's clipped toenails & bbsf eating them.

***MH*** said:
depends on what is happening with each team
Souths : When their winning, Newspaper will print a 10 page spread about their history
Dragons : When their losing, 10 page spread about fans wanting to oust Doust
Bulldogs : When fans misbehave, 10 page spread on how they are a stain on our society
Newcastle : When something happens to Joey, 10 page spread on how they can't function without him
Roosters : When Adrian Morely gets suspended, 10 page spread on why he is the victim
Parramatta : When they win, a 10 page spread on Tim Smith being the next Messiah

Starting to see a pattern here?

well said mate
bulldogs and dragons cop alot from the media...

A lot of the build up ,hype & huge expectations of the dragons can be blamed on Gould & Daley. Gould raves on with crap, such as (1st game of the season against the tigers) it was supposed to be us in the Gf we were supposed to win it, blah blah .... & if you watch cable you hear Daley raving on how good they are & what a team ..
Both of them build up the expectations of the dragons & there are plenty of people out there who find it amusing when they fail to live up to those expectations (myself included)..
I for one would be quite happy if those pair never commentated on a game again.

phonetic

Juniors
We have a massive fan base. Writers/media personalities know they are on a safe bet when they report on the Dragons. The club has such a profile that people are naturally interested.

Unfortunately a large proportion of what is written is garbage.

Latest posts