What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

are they joking?

B_Tiger

Juniors
wests tigers newsletter:

"It's that time again where we take a minute to reflect on the
successful year that was 2003...Of course none of these celebrated times would have been as momentous without your ongoing and unconditional support."

Who the f**k writes that shit? I mean, what do they take us for? 2003 was another terrible season and they claim it as "succesful"? They have very very low standards. Why do they feel the need to write such bullshit? If they admit that it was another bad season are they afraid we'll all turn our backs on the club? It pisses me off that the writers don't give the fans more respect. That newsletter was a massive pile of crap .

Bald Tiger

Juniors
I agree B. And as for that ridiculous season ticket renewal brochure. If I want photos of Tigers I will become a Zoo Friend. Whats wrong with our players - now thats a selling point. It was one of the worst membership packages I have seen in my working life of 30 years or more in the industry.

innsaneink

Referee
B_Tiger said:
wests tigers newsletter:

"It's that time again where we take a minute to reflect on the
successful year that was 2003...Of course none of these celebrated times would have been as momentous without your ongoing and unconditional support."

Who the f**k writes that sh*t? I mean, what do they take us for? 2003 was another terrible season and they claim it as "succesful"? They have very very low standards. Why do they feel the need to write such bullsh*t? If they admit that it was another bad season are they afraid we'll all turn our backs on the club? It pisses me off that the writers don't give the fans more respect. That newsletter was a massive pile of crap .

I agree with you but that PR I suppose...what else are they gunna write to us? Theres 13 other teams that could be classed as unsuccessful too. I wonder if they just focused on their positives in their newsletter.
Would you prefer them to say..

Well WestsTigers fans...its that time of the year again when we all are thankful the seasons over.....we missed the top 8 as you all know...we didnt really expect to make it that why we booked our end of season trip for mid september...hey benji played ok a few times..and we beat Newcastle,Brisbane,and Bulldogs but the rabbitohs really bent us over & give it to us yet again. We hope you keep supporting us but if you dont we understand....were gunna aim for 8th spot maybe next year too. If we aim too high we get disappointed blah blah blah

Mate, we all know the truth...we dont need to read about it, its good to
focus on positives ....we need to focus on the positives...the players,coaches,admin fans the works....
focussing on the negatives cant be any good for any one...you only gotta look at tigger to see that.

agree B. And as for that ridiculous season ticket renewal brochure. If I want photos of Tigers I will become a Zoo Friend. Whats wrong with our players - now thats a selling point. It was one of the worst membership packages I have seen in my working life of 30 years or more in the industry.
I totally agree too about the brochure...way too many tigers...it is like a
"save the wildlife fund" brochure....1 tiger was sufficient....a few more players ???capt??? coach??? couldve looked good.....and the pic on the back is pathetic.....3/4 of the pic is foliage????????/maybe trying to woo greenies.

B_Tiger

Juniors
innsaneink said:
I agree with you but that PR I suppose...what else are they gunna write to us? Theres 13 other teams that could be classed as unsuccessful too. I wonder if they just focused on their positives in their newsletter.
Would you prefer them to say..

Well WestsTigers fans...its that time of the year again when we all are thankful the seasons over.....we missed the top 8 as you all know...we didnt really expect to make it that why we booked our end of season trip for mid september...hey benji played ok a few times..and we beat Newcastle,Brisbane,and Bulldogs but the rabbitohs really bent us over & give it to us yet again. We hope you keep supporting us but if you dont we understand....were gunna aim for 8th spot maybe next year too. If we aim too high we get disappointed blah blah blah

Mate, we all know the truth...we dont need to read about it, its good to
focus on positives ....we need to focus on the positives...the players,coaches,admin fans the works....
focussing on the negatives cant be any good for any one...you only gotta look at tigger to see that.

I'd much prefer your version. That kind of honesty would almost bring me to buy a jersey. I want my club to trust my support so that we are all in it together. If the club has to lie and bullshit with me then they are going to lose my support.

focussing on the positives is one thing, but talking up the 2003 season is just stupid. I mean, we were out of top 8 contention with about 6 weeks to go.

They say that our support is "unconditional" yet they feel the need to claim this season as a success. They should have more faith in the unconditional support of tigers fans. I don't want my club to write me telling last season was a success when it clearly was a failure.

Bald Tiger

Juniors
Sometimes the Tigers PR people take us for wallies. Were we watching the same games? There were positive things to say, there were some great games and wonderful wins. And we are all looking forward to next season with the new players and the young talent. So why not tell us that instead of the other nonsense? How different things would be if we ran the club!

King Tigerman

Juniors
i got some raffle tickets bought a few cause i was generous & sent the rest back

also on the brochure the presentation of it means nothing also there cant be pictures of players on it due to the fact we change sponsor every year

PINGU

Juniors
I think you are being a little harsh here folks.

The year was a sucess for the club. You did not win the wooden spoon and finished above Souths. That is sucess if ever I have seen it.

Next year will be a bigger sucess, you have brought a heap of players from other clubs, done jack for the juniors. Next years team will have at least 5 State of Origin reps and 3 Kangaroo tourists. :p I can hear it all now. Jezzz I have been hearing it for years. :lol:

westie

Bench
PINGU said:
I think you are being a little harsh here folks.

The year was a sucess for the club. You did not win the wooden spoon and finished above Souths. That is sucess if ever I have seen it.

Next year will be a bigger sucess, you have brought a heap of players from other clubs, done jack for the juniors. Next years team will have at least 5 State of Origin reps and 3 Kangaroo tourists. :p I can hear it all now. Jezzz I have been hearing it for years. :lol:

Dude, you can critisize the shit out of the rest of the club, but knocking the juniors is just stupid (even for you) our crop at the moment is f**king outstanding, from both sides of the JV

King Tigerman

Juniors
were actually keeping juniors dropkick

also westie no1 has the right to criticize our club the only person is me when they have a bad loss (& others who are disappointed)

Latest posts