What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are they serious?

mars1980

Juniors
I cant beleive were not even rated in the top 4 sides to win next years premiership!

Surely were a better chance than Brisbane, Melbourne and Canterbury?

Premiership - 2011 - WINNER

ST GEORGE-ILLAWARRA 4.25
BRISBANE BRONCOS 7.00
MELBOURNE STORM 8.00
BULLDOGS 11.00
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 11.00
PENRITH PANTHERS 14.00
SOUTH SYDNEY 14.00
CANBERRA RAIDERS 15.00
GOLD COAST TITANS 15.00
NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS 15.00
WESTS TIGERS 15.00
MANLY SEA EAGLES 16.00
NORTH QLD COWBOYS 21.00
PARRAMATTA EELS 21.00
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS 26.00
CRONULLA SHARKS 51.00

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
With the players they are getting the Cowboys seem great value at $21 as long as they sort out their off field crap.

Can't believe the Dogs even with all their additions being ahead of the Titans, Warriors and Tigers. Even the Raiders at 15 as well look better odds considering they should be better next year.

Doesn't these odds work on the amount of money actually placed on each team...

So therefore....if you go and place $3 mil on the tigers tomorrow, for argument sake, then they will go into firm favourites....well....thats how thought they worked...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brisbane have a pretty decent squad for next year, so I can understand why they are placed so well.

Might change though if the Stuart rumours come true.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
As much as I despise them I can understand the bulldogs getting a few $ put on them. THey missed Eastwood this year & his ball playing skills are going to make them much more competitive next year, they will score a lot of tries with Barba running off his offloads.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gotta admit though, It's the first time I've seen the Tigers at odds that short before the season kicks off

mars1980

Juniors
Doesn't these odds work on the amount of money actually placed on each team...

So therefore....if you go and place $3 mil on the tigers tomorrow, for argument sake, then they will go into firm favourites....well....thats how thought they worked...

Im sure the odds change depending where the money goes but this is a fairly new market and i doubt there has been much money been thrown around, so at this stage it purely what the bookies feel to be accurate

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Don't know why anyone is surprised - nobody has ever rated us. Not now, not when we won the comp, not ever really.

Teams like the Eels and Bulldogs can do f**k all but will always be ahead of us in the betting.

With Moltzen and Tuiaki next year like two new signings, I see no reason why we won't do well again next year.